Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1968 Cardinals World Series Ball Signed Ball, from the vault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Some of you know that I collect Dick Porter (former International League Baltimore Oriole legend, Cleveland Indians 1929-34, etc), and he was the original source for this baseball...a 1968 St. Louis Cardinals World Series team signed baseball. There are two noticeable missing signatures from this team...Orlando Cepeda and Julian Javier, but it also includes duplicate signatures from Lou Brock (one appears to be a clubhouse) and Tim McCarver.

The ball is pristine, and looks like it was signed this season, with little to no toning whatsoever and multiple pen inks.

Enjoy.

1968-cardinals-ball-1.png

1968-cardinals-ball-2.png

1968-cardinals-ball-3.png

1968-cardinals-ball-4.png

1968-cardinals-ball-5.png

1968-cardinals-ball-6.png

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
great ball.

BTW, you can add Tim McCarver to the signed twice list. I bet once again one might be a clubbie because they look a little different to me.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
rsmath said:
great ball.

BTW, you can add Tim McCarver to the signed twice list. I bet once again one might be a clubbie because they look a little different to me.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, but wasn't totally certain like I am on the Brock. A lot of clubhouse sigs on team signed balls appear on the bottom of panels after the players have passed them around.

Members online