Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BP's Rockies Top 11 Prospects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=15780

Rockies Top 11 Prospects

by Kevin Goldstein

Previous Rankings: 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008

System In 20 Words Or Less: There’s a good combination of near big league-ready talent and youngsters to dream on.

Five-Star Prospects
1. Nolan Arenado, 3B
2. Drew Pomeranz, LHP
Four-Star Prospects
3. Wilin Rosario, C
4. Chad Bettis, RHP
5. Tim Wheeler, OF
Three-Star Prospects
6. Tyler Matzek, RHP
7. Rosell Herrera, SS/3B
8. Trevor Story, SS
9. Josh Rutledge, SS
10. Tyler Anderson, LHP
11. Kent Matthes, OF

Nine More:
12. Charlie Blackmon, OF: He reached the majors and got hurt. Scouts wobble between him being a good fourth outfielder and second-division starter.
13. Christian Adames, SS: He has the potential for well above-average defense, but will he hit enough?
14. Edwar Cabrera, LHP: He put up incredible numbers thanks to an outstanding changeup, but he’s a bit of a trick pitcher.
15. Kyle Parker, OF: This first-round pick didn't mash at Low-A, especially away from Asheville.
16. Christian Friedrich, LHP: His dominance in 2009 is in the rear-view mirror with no great explanation for his decline.
17. Corey Dickerson, OF: Last year's sleeper slugged 32 home runs but also had baseball's most extreme splits with a .354/.417/.844 line at home, and .193/.280/.363 mark on the road.
18. DJ LeMahieu, INF: This future utility player offers some hitting skills and positional flexibility
19. Will Swanner, C: He’s a catcher with plus power who needs to improve behind the plate.
20. Rafael Ortega, OF: Ortega is an athletic center fielder with tools in a small package, but his approach is a mess.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I find it funny that no one can explain what happened to Christian Friedrich. Talk about mind-boggling.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
markakis8 said:
I find it funny that no one can explain what happened to Christian Friedrich. Talk about mind-boggling.

Injuries are what happened. That is your explanation.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
beefycheddar said:
markakis8 said:

"...with no great explanation for his decline."

Writer must not know his stuff then. I just took that as a "what the heck happened to this dude?"

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
markakis8 said:
beefycheddar said:
markakis8 said:

Writer must not know his stuff then. I just took that as a "what the heck happened to this dude?"

Over the past 6 years, who I do I see in the stands more then anybody ? Kevin Goldstein. I spent 9 days in Arizona this off season and he was at every AFL night game.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
19braves77 said:
markakis8 said:
beefycheddar said:
markakis8 said:

Over the past 6 years, who I do I see in the stands more then anybody ? Kevin Goldstein. I spent 9 days in Arizona this off season and he was at every AFL night game.

I should've put sarcasm quotes around the writer bit. It was said it somewhat of a sarcastic tone.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
markakis8 said:
beefycheddar said:
markakis8 said:

My explanation came via his host parents that he still speaks to regularly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts