Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Advice needed on a Ruth cut

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
Long story short, I saved up the last four months and am in the market to pick up a Ruth cut. My question out to the knowledgable members is PSA/DNA better than JSA? Are there any things I should look out for?

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Do you want a 100% guaranteed Ruth autograph? Even in raw form?

Then buy a Personal Check, they are not much more than your average cut sig, and are far more interesting.
In reality, a cut sig is the lowest of low as far as autographs go.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
fkw said:
Then buy a Personal Check, they are not much more than your average cut sig, and are far more interesting.

You're correct that the signature would be almost guaranteed authentic on a personal check.
However, he always signed checks G.H. Ruth, instead of the more desirable Babe Ruth.
But at least having a Ruth check would give you peace of mind.

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks for the comments. Not a big fan of the checks but good point that they're the closest to a sure thing. Outside of the slips from PSA/DNA and JSA, wasn't there a nurse that signed for him at one point?

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
fkw said:

I don't necessarily agree with that. In fact, I think cuts can be much more interesting than plain old checks.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Liberate Baltimore said:
fkw said:

I don't necessarily agree with that. In fact, I think cuts can be much more interesting than plain old checks.
If it's a nice cut with the players picture, I agree. But then those get artificially inflated because they are a cut and either 1/1 or low numbered.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
jubei777 said:
Thanks for the comments. Not a big fan of the checks but good point that they're the closest to a sure thing. Outside of the slips from PSA/DNA and JSA, wasn't there a nurse that signed for him at one point?
His wife signed for him quite a bit. There are also always "clubhouse" versions to be found.

Members online