Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need help identifying a sketch card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
I pulled this from a case of 2008 Topps Update:

002-8.jpg

I had a couple of ideas on who I think it is but the Reebok shoes kinda killed those ideas. Any idea who this is? Thanks, Andy

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
My first thought was Bob Feller but your comment about the shoes kills that idea. Why can't Topps put names on these darn things. I've had one for a couple of years and I still don't know who it is.

GF Yankees Fan

Aug 9, 2011
Looks like Jonathan Papelbon's motion and he did wear reeboks at one point I believe. Could be wrong though. Some of those sketch cards are really hard to figure out, why didn't they put who was suppose to be depicted on the back?

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
GF Yankees Fan said:
Looks like Jonathan Papelbon's motion and he did wear reeboks at one point I believe. Could be wrong though. Some of those sketch cards are really hard to figure out, why didn't they put who was suppose to be depicted on the back?

This is my guess as well. Gagne and Krod both coulda worked if there had been visible goggles

chadwright

Jun 25, 2011
Austin, TX
craftysouthpaw said:
My first thought was Bob Feller but your comment about the shoes kills that idea. Why can't Topps put names on these darn things. I've had one for a couple of years and I still don't know who it is.

Exactly. Why can't they just print a name on them? I picked up the Nolan Ryan two weeks ago. Does it look kind of like Nolan Ryan? Yeah. But there's also no team logo or anything else to identify it by. Frustrating.

Titans74

Oct 28, 2010
craftysouthpaw said:

That's too funny. Feller was the first that came to mind as well. Then I read about the cleats and that was ruled out lol

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
Feller, Gagne, & Papelbon were the 3 I thought originally. The shoes eliminated Feller and Gagne (he wore Nikes in almost every photo). Also, Gagne had a goatee in 2007-08 (and had since the beginning of his career) and the sketch is goatee free. Papelbon seems the most likely. Thanks for the help! -- Andy

Members online