Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I might have secured my 5th 2000 BC Retro Refractor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
It happened in a random Google search for retros. I've given up on waiting for seeing any on Ebay; one or two have been listed in the last three years. The deal is in the works! In case you are unfamiliar with the set, it was seeded 1:60 in a 440 card one series set. Most people guess they are about as rare as a gold refractor. The kicker is the set itself. I would assume many are sitting in commons boxes or yet to be pulled. This was probably one of the least popular BC sets. A jeter recently sold for around $250. The last Oswalt, an ungraded copy, sold for $200 on Ebay. Will go nicely with these:
retrofuturepsa9.jpg

retrofuturebgs9.jpg

00bcretroref6.jpg

retrofuture95.jpg

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I tried sniping a lot of regular retro cards and lost. Thought they would be a nice addition to the store. Should've sniped higher. Had a lot of stars in the lot too.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Thanks for the tip. I think I have Eric Karros somewhere. Will need to dig that out and see what it fetches.

Tom

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
I know I got some 2000 BC in a box somewhere. How do you determine if you have a retro refractor? Does it state retro refractor on the back?

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
It's pretty easy. It will have that TV design and it will be a refractor. I think most commons don't sell very high but stars might fetch a good amount.

Members online