Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Collectibles few collectors have....except you

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
How about something a little different. Post a collectible (cards, etc.) which very few others have.

Lets stay away from the obvious stuff, like game used items or super limited numbered cards.

Heres some of mine:

Heres a mega sized jumbo (use the Longo card to see size difference) Topps card of Jeter. The company (not Topps) solicited some Hobby stores to blow up any Topps card they wanted. They also gave each store one free "blow up" of their choice. I sent in this DJ card and they sent back the mega sized version. Shortly after, Topps threatened to sue the company and the promotion was cancelled before it went public (I believe).
IMG_20120104_174249.jpg

I think I got this one at the Hawaii Trade Confernece some years ago during an MLB presentation.
Obviously meant to be put on Hobby store windows to promote cards. There were several different players but I kept only DJ (I think there was an A Rod too).
IMG_20120104_173731.jpg

Here is the front and back of a post card UD sent its "Diamond Dealers" to promote Yankee Legacy cards. Meant to be mailed out to Hobby store customers.
IMG_20120104_175623.jpg

Heres a 2007 UD Babe Ruth Christmas card (jumbo) with greetings mailed out to its Diamond Dealers.
IMG_20120104_174457.jpg

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I have a jersey that was sold at the 2010 USA International Baseball Showcase. It's for the Twin Cities team. I was probably the only person that bought one. It's a nice quality jersey.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
I have the framed proclamation Ted Williams received on "Ted Williams Day" here in Boston, along with a bunch of other really cool Ted Williams items (his copy of his birth certificate, etc.).

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I dont know if any of the other Bagwell collectors have this as part of their collection. But I have it in mine... Not a bad game to play either.

IMG_3309.JPG

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
I can guarantee no one else has this. Will Clark wedding response card. He couldn't make it, but at least he returned the card (and on time, too...not all my friends could even do that!)

img191c.jpg

mjbuchanan80

May 16, 2011
Kansas City
ajw said:
I can guarantee no one else has this. Will Clark wedding response card. He couldn't make it, but at least he returned the card (and on time, too...not all my friends could even do that!)

img191c.jpg

That is beyond awesome. Nice of him to actually respond. Would have been even more bad@ss if he attended.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Can't remember if I posted these before or not. (Russ, these will drive you nuts)

Given out at the Metrodome after the game when Cal got his 3,000th hit. Only given out after the game was over, so if you left after Cal got the hit, you missed out. And I saw a few littering the plaza of the Dome afterwards.

cal2.jpg

Not to be outdone, the Twins sent these out to Season Ticket holders (my brother is one.) Post game, they could fill in specific details, and enclosed an unused ticket.

ripken1.jpg

mjbuchanan80

May 16, 2011
Kansas City
Greg Cleveland said:
Can't remember if I posted these before or not. (Russ, these will drive you nuts)

Given out at the Metrodome after the game when Cal got his 3,000th hit. Only given out after the game was over, so if you left after Cal got the hit, you missed out. And I saw a few littering the plaza of the Dome afterwards.

cal2.jpg

Not to be outdone, the Twins sent these out to Season Ticket holders (my brother is one.) Post game, they could fill in specific details, and enclosed an unused ticket.

ripken1.jpg

Somewhere in the house I have a similar certificate commemorating Ripken on breaking the world record for consecutive games (Beat some Japanese player's record). Happened at The K in KC.

Members online