Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Heads up on 2012 topps wrapper redemption

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Just got my dealer kit today & I dont know if it's been mentioned, but all the wrappers must be postmarked by feb 29, less than a month after it releases.

Very short time period that I tweeted topps & they confirmed it.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
BBCgalaxee said:
Just got my dealer kit today & I dont know if it's been mentioned, but all the wrappers must be postmarked by feb 29, less than a month after it releases.

Topps already knows the series 1 release sucks, huh? ;)

I bet Topps is just trying to help brick and mortar shops by getting product purchased at inflated prices than what you can buy the product for when the true market speaks after the first month of
release.

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
I wish they would save the wrapper redemption program for Series 2. Everybody buys series 1 even without a wrapper redemption, nobody buys series 2.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
trauty said:
I wish they would save the wrapper redemption program for Series 2.

they just extend the code entry deadlines for series 2. ;)

I don't know why the code entry deadline for only the 2011 series 2 on the diamond giveaway was extended other than someone messed up on the creation of the card (and topps was bound to june 30th, 2012) or topps knew what they were doing and intentionally put that date on their code cards.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
trauty said:
I wish they would save the wrapper redemption program for Series 2. Everybody buys series 1 even without a wrapper redemption, nobody buys series 2.

The opposite is true from a dealer standpoint (which is where Topps makes their money). S1 is always lightly ordered every year due to the fact it comes out in the dead of winter, while S2 is heavily ordered since it releases in the middle of the season. That's the reason why at the end of every year, S1 boxes/cases are hard to find and selling for 50% above release price, while S2 is abundant and goes below cost.

Topps is hoping the wrapper program for S1 will spark dealer interest.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts