Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cards you don't think exist but are on a checklist......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
I have two that come to mind.

1. 2005 MLB Artifacts - Artifacts Patches - Jim Rice #'d to 3. In all of my years of collecting Jim Ed, I have never seen one.
2. 2000 Upper Deck Hitters Club auto - Cal Ripken. Again, I have never seen one and I have contacted all of the big Ripken collectors and the consensus is that it doesn't exist. I have gone on to UD's web site and looked at the checklist and it's not included but then again, neither is the Mays and Aaron. I have the Mays and there is an Aaron on eBay right now.

What's yours?

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
2009 Ballpark Swatch Auto - Ryan Zimmerman and Justin Morneau

I have at least seen a Chipper, Ripken, Beckett (a board member has the only one I have seen). Maybe its because this product wasnt a monster hit that there are plenty of unopened wax that contain the cards I need.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
It's been mentioned many times over the years but:

2001 Fleer Stitches in Time Willie Mays Auto

ch2423

Jan 3, 2011
NE Ohio
There have been a few Cruz autos that have shown up on checklists that I've never seen in my 15 years of collecting him:

1997 Vision Signings Autograph #9
2001 Fleer Autographics Gold Autograph /50 #22
2001 Fleer Autographics Silver Autograph /250 #22
2003 Topps Heritage Real One Autographs Red Ink /54 #JC

I'm almost positive the Heritage Red Ink doesn't exist since so many people bust and collect that set. One would have to have been posted somewhere.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
2008 TriStar Prospects Plus RETAIL

I have no idea what the difference between the hobby base cards and the retail base cards are...or if there even is a difference.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
The Beckett checklists for 2008 SPx and 2008 UD Premier are kind of inscrutable, especially the SPx, when it comes to the patch/jersey card variations. I've obtained a copy of each variation I've seen of Grady Sizemore, but I can't reconcile them all with what Beckett lists, and they list a couple more versions.

But keep in mind all sorts of changes happen at the last minute, and the checklist the card makers send to Beckett, or even their own promotions department, which might be months before cards actually go out. Often there's no way to tell for sure, and the only people that would know don't or can't put the right info out there.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Very true but what sucks isn't you can't get a straight answer from the manufacturer as to what was produced.
To me, it shouldn't be to difficult to ammend the checklisy once final production is in process.

smapdi said:
The Beckett checklists for 2008 SPx and 2008 UD Premier are kind of inscrutable, especially the SPx, when it comes to the patch/jersey card variations. I've obtained a copy of each variation I've seen of Grady Sizemore, but I can't reconcile them all with what Beckett lists, and they list a couple more versions.

But keep in mind all sorts of changes happen at the last minute, and the checklist the card makers send to Beckett, or even their own promotions department, which might be months before cards actually go out. Often there's no way to tell for sure, and the only people that would know don't or can't put the right info out there.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
50thRoundPick said:
2006 Bowman Chrome Henry Sanchez base auto
2001 Donruss Diamond Kings Reprint DK18 Will Clark /1988

The Clark DK is crazy rare, issued as redemption originally, but does exist unfortunately:

l.jpg

l.jpg

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
onionring9 said:
I have yet to see either of these

1998 Select Prototypes
2000 Venezuelan

The select likely exist...Dacardworld has most the subsets available a few years back on their site.

1998SelectJerseyNumbers-1.jpg

2007AllenGinter0029-1.jpg

1998SelectDiamondDominance.jpg
1998SelectDiaBack.jpg

My card would be the 1998 Pinnacle Totally certified Mirror Red - I've seen one of many players, just not Andruw.

jamesodo

Oct 31, 2010
2005 Topps Turkey Red Autographs #MK Mark Kotsay A/17
2006 Topps Turkey Red Autographs #CV Claudio Vargas
2007 Topps Turkey Red Autographs #KE Kelvim Escobar

2008 Stadium Club 30 Carlos Quentin /999

2008 Masterpieces Relic Autographs #CW Rod Carew, #MC Miguel Cabrera, #RA Aramis Ramirez
2008 Masterpieces Relic #YE Yunel Escobar

Members online

Latest posts