Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1990 Beckett Insert cards -Griffey Jose Bo Doc Mattingly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WaxPax

Anyone remember these from back in the day...found a bunch of panels while going through my stuff from the 80's & 90's. Found a lot of 1980's Box bottom panels too....More scans to come if anyone is interested

beckettcards1990.jpg

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
If I remember correctly these are not Box bottom panels. They were from 90's price guide (not Beckett) that include free card with each issue.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Correct, those aren't from Beckett, those were from a Krause Publication (Base Ball Cards Monthly or something like that).

Sad to say, but I think I still have some of the full issues somewhere, especially the ones with the 1957 Topps design.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
LOVED those things. Freakin' awesome even today and I still have a few in my collection. Thery're a must for player collectors

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
I have full sheets and cut out singles for my Gaetti collection. An idea that took awhile to get going, (ala Heritage) and look where it is now. They did some multi-sport ones, as I have an Ozzie Smith that has Wayne Gretzky and larry Bird on it (74 Topps design)

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
I've always been a big fan of these "replicards" as they came to be known. They used some really nice photos on some classic designs. Hard to go wrong.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Another level of cards in magazines was from Legends. I have a few issues of that magazine. Not much to read, and their card inserts were very nice, but it was an expensive mag, and I really didn't want to cut it up! Think I'll warm up the scanner!

Latest posts