Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just built my own website need opinions please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Just created this last weekend it's basically an information site that shows my products and what kind of stuff I can get. First time I've ever done it do was looking for opinions and feedback of what I should add or change.

Throwbacks2thefuture.com

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
Keep working on it man. Personally I don't like the background. It is way too bold and distracting. I would also research a more pleasing color structure. You have a lot of things clashing. Overall, you have some work to do but a solid effort for the first time.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
MOFNY said:
Keep working on it man. Personally I don't like the background. It is way too bold and distracting. I would also research a more pleasing color structure. You have a lot of things clashing. Overall, you have some work to do but a solid effort for the first time.

Agreed. Not easy on the eyes. The picture that scrolls on the bottom of the screen needs to be more in the center of the screen (from left to right).

With that being said, it's a heckuva lot better than I could do! Good luck!

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
My best advice is the same advice on anything design or creative related...find something you really like, master duplicating it. Break it down and decide what specific pieces from the design/layout you like and expand upon then.

Of course, there might be people out there that like sites like this...but, Keep It Simple Stupid still applies. Less is always more.

mjbuchanan80

May 16, 2011
Kansas City
Love the fact you want to put together a site (I am thinking about doing one myself)...however...1996 called; they want their HTML back.

Sorry, had to do it. Keep hoaning your web skill and you'll create a winner.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
Are you selling the jerseys and jackets that make up the background? Those pictures are, to be honest, pretty bad. They're really poor quality and don't show off your product at all. Good, professional looking photographs are essential to any successful marketing/sales website. Your photos should also have a consistent look. You have some with white backgrounds, some hanging, some under glass...they're just all over the place.

Be simple, be consistent, be clear.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
ajw said:
Are you selling the jerseys and jackets that make up the background? Those pictures are, to be honest, pretty bad. They're really poor quality and don't show off your product at all. Good, professional looking photographs are essential to any successful marketing/sales website. Your photos should also have a consistent look. You have some with white backgrounds, some hanging, some under glass...they're just all over the place.

Be simple, be consistent, be clear.
yeah those are all jackets and jersey I have or have had at one point but there is a section with individual pictures on the products page and a link to my ebay store which shows all current stuff i have for sale.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
gmarutiak said:
MOFNY said:

Agreed. Not easy on the eyes. The picture that scrolls on the bottom of the screen needs to be more in the center of the screen (from left to right).

With that being said, it's a heckuva lot better than I could do! Good luck!
I think it depends on your computer because on both of mine they are centered, but on my buddies they are to the left too

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
rum151man said:
Just created this last weekend it's basically an information site that shows my products and what kind of stuff I can get. First time I've ever done it do was looking for opinions and feedback of what I should add or change.

Throwbacks2thefuture.com

honestly for what you are doing you woudl be better off making a facebook page and redirecting the URL to it.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
Additionally, you might want to consider some more formal and professional wording. Right now, the text is very informal, includes sentence fragments and is, at times, grammatically incorrect. "We strive on bringing..." doesn't really make sense. "We strive to bring..." would be better.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts