Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

- - - - - - The Morning Thread - - - - - -

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
good so far, still sleeping about 22 hours a day...its kind of a big deal when he is awake at this point... :)

Chris D.

Aug 7, 2008
Good morning, people. I hope all are well and that you have a great day.

MojoDan - love your avatar.

I get to leave work at 3:00 because my daughter has a basketball game. :p

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Chris D. said:

thanks chris - big fan of the big train and one of our best members here made it for me. :)

Chris D.

Aug 7, 2008
MojoDan said:
Chris D. said:

thanks chris - big fan of the big train and one of our best members here made it for me. :)

Me too. I recently finished his biography written by his grandson...great book. It's called Walter Johnson, Baseball's Big Train. Have you read it?

rdg00001

Nov 11, 2008
United States
Morning all. The economy finally reared its ugly head in my household and my wife is now unemployed :( Looks like I will have to enjoy mail-days vicariously through you guys for a few months! At least we were pretty well prepared for something like this.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
rdg00001 said:
Morning all. The economy finally reared its ugly head in my household and my wife is now unemployed :( Looks like I will have to enjoy mail-days vicariously through you guys for a few months! At least we were pretty well prepared for something like this.

sorry to hear that rob, best of luck

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Good morning all....

Rob, i am sorry to hear the news. I am in the staffing business, and things are certainly ugly.

I am dealing with some weird stuff on my end here. My co-worker/office mate, and fellow account manager/sales manager got let go yesterday.

I am stressing hard, because he has people that report to him, along with half of the state of Illinois as a territory. Looks like I will be taking over all of that responsibility for the next 2-3 months until we are prepared to promote someone. Good in some ways, but I am absolutely stressing about it at the same time. I already have anywhere from 14-16 meetings a week just based on my territory.

skrip

magplaidmxpx

Aug 7, 2008
Rochester, MN
rdg00001 said:
sorry to hear that man... hopefully she can find something sooner rather than later! it's good to hear you were prepared at least.
I'm not really sure what we would do if my wife or I got laid off... we already put our student loans on forbearance/deferment, and we are still barely getting by... hopefully it all turns around sometime!

rdg00001

Nov 11, 2008
United States
Thanks for the wishes guys. Yeah - things have gotten rough for sure. Her entire company went chapter 7, several hundred people all got axed with no notice. Not the best way to start the week, but it will work itself out.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
rdg00001 said:
Thanks for the wishes guys. Yeah - things have gotten rough for sure. Her entire company went chapter 7, several hundred people all got axed with no notice. Not the best way to start the week, but it will work itself out.

sorry to hear the bad news. At least you say you were prepared for something like this and you sound very positive about the future.

Members online

Latest posts