Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1st baseman of the future

Which 1st Baseman will have the better career? Explain your choice

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lordsepic

Aug 9, 2008
which 1st baseman do you think will have the best career

I choose Kila... I think he is very similar to Albert Pujols... Although he is already a little older than others on the list, there are very few guys I have seen with his plate discipline. This guy has potential to be a superstar if he doesn't get pushed back by the royals and their plethora of 1st basemen

card-treasury

Aug 11, 2008
Lars Anderson is my choice, but I am a big believer in Ka'aihue.

I think Lars is the best hitter in the minors. Guys with easy power like Lars has tend to get better over time. With a .417 on-base percentage over two levels last season, the plate discipline is already there. Easy power in Boston will mean huge numbers. I think Lars will be the best home-grown hitter in the Red Sox organization since I don't know when.

Card count: 1

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
card-treasury said:
I think Lars is the best hitter in the minors. Guys with easy power like Lars has tend to get better over time. With a .417 on-base percentage over two levels last season, the plate discipline is already there. Easy power in Boston will mean huge numbers. I think Lars will be the best home-grown hitter in the Red Sox organization since I don't know when.

Card count: 1

I can get with this.
Card count: 0 (I don't even have the framed DK for my set yet).

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
All roads point to Lars Anderson at this point.

It's tough to not vote for a guy who hasn't struggled in the minors yet and has played up to AA ball.

I'm curious to see where he starts the season this year, probably Portland for a few months and possibly AAA Pawtucket I would guess.

Adam G

Jan 25, 2009
Wow, no love for Chris Carter? Really?

If Yonder pans out like I think he will, those other dudes will be afterthoughts, even Lars.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Hold up card treasury! Who is the best hitter in the minors? It is obviously Matt Wieters by far. Here is a guy that started out a Frederick and only got better on his way to Bowie where he had less strikeouts and a higher BA. I voted for Votto because he has MLB experience already and he will get better as he moves along. Anderson is very good as well, but I am not sold on him yet.

Members online

Latest posts