Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Help Please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Here's my quandry. I'm currently trying to put together the entire 2000 Fleer Club 3000 memorabilia set (see sig). 14 players and each player has 6 cards. I'm only 14 or so card from completing the whole thing. The cards I have left rarely come up at auction.

To keep my interest in the set, I have a new challenge. I'd like to get each base card autographed TTM. Here's the problem. I used to TTM a ton but I haven't bought a Meiselman in 2-3 years. Could any of you please let me know if the following players sign. If so, who does and who does not? Fees charged by the player are not a problem. I'm willing to pay / donate to foundations. Addresses or contact info would be awesome. Thanks guys!

Wade Boggs
George Brett
Lou Brock
Rod Carew
Steve Carlton
Bob Gibson
Tony Gwynn
Paul Molitor
Stan Musial
Cal Ripken
Nolan Ryan
Dave Winfield
Carl Yastrzemski
Robin Yount

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
imac220 said:
Hi Chris,

I am quite sure all on the list sign....but for a fee.

Thanks for the reply. Any idea on where to get addresses / fee schedules? All I've found is Nolan....

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
What players do you plan on pursuing? I can give you the addresses from SportsCollectors.net on the guys you would like to send to...

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
imac220 said:
What players do you plan on pursuing? I can give you the addresses from SportsCollectors.net on the guys you would like to send to...

Ideally, I'm planning to send to all 14 players in the set at some point in time. I'd probably start off with 4-5 to begin. If you'd like to PM me, that's cool. I really appreciate you taking the time to help out!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I'd be careful with Brett. He was taking donations for charity and then having the items ghost signed. Last I heard he wasn't taking autograph requests for some reasons.

Molitor has been know to sign for free.

Boggs has also signed for free but it's been very spotty.

You might have luck contacting the Twins fans on the board as TwinsFest is coming up and Molitor and Carew will be there

Ryan will sign for $35.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:
I'd be careful with Brett. He was taking donations for charity and then having the items ghost signed. Last I heard he wasn't taking autograph requests for some reasons.

You might have luck contacting the Twins fans on the board as TwinsFest is coming up and Molitor and Carew will be there

Ryan will sign for $35.

Thanks bud. Great idea on TwinsFest!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
shanks25 said:
TBTwinsFan said:

Ryan will sign for $35.

Thanks bud. Great idea on TwinsFest!

:D

It would probably be cheaper if you went that route.

tigsfan

Aug 15, 2008
Michigan
shanks25 said:
Wade Boggs - free, but low % return rate and very long waits at times
George Brett - has begun signing again, ghostsigning deal has pretty much died now
Lou Brock - has a fee, I want to say ~$40
Rod Carew - best bet is to get him IP/mail in signing, I don't think he signs TTM
Steve Carlton - I think he still charges $35
Bob Gibson - I've seen signed cards, but can't tell you if it was TTM or not
Tony Gwynn - he does not sign TTM, but you can get him IP at SDSU baseball games
Paul Molitor - use to sign TTM, Twins have been returning too busy notes lately
Stan Musial - you need to pay ~$50 to get cards signed
Cal Ripken - does not sign TTM, catch him at a show or something for ~$100
Nolan Ryan - $35 via website TTM, comes with COA
Dave Winfield - use to sign TTM, I don't think he does anymore
Carl Yastrzemski - no clue about him
Robin Yount - uses a ghostsigner TTM, so catch him IP for an authentic return
This is everything I know off the top of my head.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
tigsfan said:
shanks25 said:
Wade Boggs - free, but low % return rate and very long waits at times
George Brett - has begun signing again, ghostsigning deal has pretty much died now
Lou Brock - has a fee, I want to say ~$40
Rod Carew - best bet is to get him IP/mail in signing, I don't think he signs TTM
Steve Carlton - I think he still charges $35
Bob Gibson - I've seen signed cards, but can't tell you if it was TTM or not
Tony Gwynn - he does not sign TTM, but you can get him IP at SDSU baseball games
Paul Molitor - use to sign TTM, Twins have been returning too busy notes lately
Stan Musial - you need to pay ~$50 to get cards signed
Cal Ripken - does not sign TTM, catch him at a show or something for ~$100
Nolan Ryan - $35 via website TTM, comes with COA
Dave Winfield - use to sign TTM, I don't think he does anymore
Carl Yastrzemski - no clue about him
Robin Yount - uses a ghostsigner TTM, so catch him IP for an authentic return
This is everything I know off the top of my head.

That's some great info......thanks so much!!!

Anyone have an address for Brett or Carlton???????

tigsfan

Aug 15, 2008
Michigan
I just saw some failures from Brett today saying that he is no longer signing TTM, so you will have to catch him at a show now.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
tigsfan said:
I just saw some failures from Brett today saying that he is no longer signing TTM, so you will have to catch him at a show now.

He's signing at a couple shows in February and they're advertising it as his first public signing since 2008. I think the price for flats to be mailed in was $135..... :eek:

RELWOB

May 5, 2011
Regarding, Dave Winfield TTM, I had a success from him in 2011. I sent him c/o the San Diego Padres front office. Took 144 days to get my card back signed. Hope that helps.

Members online