Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Elite's BGS possibilities

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
One of the great things about 2010 Elite in my view, was that the quality was far superior than in past years. It really came down to a whole lot less chipping around the edges and cleaner corners. This of course is always good when it comes to subbing the cards (something I would of course recommend be done through the FCB sub :)).

I was wondering if 2011 Elite was going to be the same sort of quality but it appears someone has already had some success - [phil:1gtq0wv7]220929294860[/phil:1gtq0wv7] and [phil:1gtq0wv7]220929308014[/phil:1gtq0wv7]

What do you think of the cards you've seen thus far? How do they look to you?

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
I certainly think the "die cut" being round rather than the unsharp corners in the past certainly helps. Haven't seen any of this years set yet but I know grading has been near impossible for stuff in 08/09 but was much better in 2012

bricewaynebisel

Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Those two overpriced beauties are both mine. Honestly was surprised with the Mahtook. Even though the corners are now rounded, it still looks a lot like chipping on the corners/edges of these things. I think it's just how the card is made though (where the foil joins the back of the card seems to create this effect).

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
I have opened around 20 boxes so far and have a stack of 18 autos at least with dinged or bent back corners to ship back, this year has been awful

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
bricewaynebisel said:
Those two overpriced beauties are both mine. Honestly was surprised with the Mahtook. Even though the corners are now rounded, it still looks a lot like chipping on the corners/edges of these things. I think it's just how the card is made though (where the foil joins the back of the card seems to create this effect).

Which is typically with Elite, yup.

Out of curiosity...any reason why you have best offer on Lindor and not on Mahtook?

bricewaynebisel

Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
masonphillip said:
bricewaynebisel said:

Which is typically with Elite, yup.

Out of curiosity...any reason why you have best offer on Lindor and not on Mahtook?

Oh geeze, didn't even realize I'd left it that way. I need to go back and edit that, definitely didn't mean to have it that way.

Members online