Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Makeover For BGS' Site

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
http://www.beckett.com/grading/

When you log into your account, you'll see the Order Status and Graded Card Lookup features have a whole new layout. The Population Report feature remains the same. For now, anyway.

A couple of things I'm not crazy about:

1) On the old site, the most recent job was at the top of the screen. It's now on the bottom.
2) Still no Autograph grade for any card when you click into a job. Has BGS ever told us why this is? What's the big secret?
3) You can no longer click on a card's serial number to see its' subgrades. :evil: Hopefully they'll fix this.
4) Maybe it's just for me, but on the main job screen, the column labeled "Service" no longer tells you which level of turnaround time you used. It simply says "BGS".
5) In the Graded Card Lookup feature, once you've entered the serial number, the subgrades screen no longer provides a link to the Population Report for that card.

BGS has got some work to do here.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I was told just now by someone at BGS they are still making improvements, so this is temporary.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Well, it IS the same Beckett that took 6+ months to replace their ugly, archaic message board with an even uglier, more archaic-looking message board. Then took another 2+ months to work out all of the kinks. And then jacked up the OPG rates and started charging the few members they had left to use the Organize feature. Their IT/web design department is atrocious, and their overall decision-making is even worse

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Out of respect for a handshake, I'll refrain from my typical venom, but Beckett as a whole is still well behind the times with their branding, technology and business plan.

maddux31

Dec 25, 2011
At least it's a major upgrade over what they've had up on the website for the past month or so. It's somewhat functional now.

Random question, I was looking at the hard copy submission form today and I noticed the 2 check boxes below where cards are listed. I can't recall ever using these on submissions, but one is for authentication only and the 2nd check box is to assign a numeric grade. Have I just been neglecting to check the second box on all of my submissions so far?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Mudcatsfan said:
Probably the least effective IT dept in America. Who's running that joint?
I think these 2
beavis_and_butthead.jpg

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Some good news. I see a few more changes have taken place since I created this thread.

1. The service time (2-day, 5-day, etc) has been added to the main job screen.
2. Each individual card's serial number now provides a link to its' subgrades.
3. The screen with the subgrades now provides the autograph grade itself, in addition to the others. :cool:

About time. :D

BGS still needs to provide a link to the Population Report for each card on the subgrades screen.

Adamlind2011

Jun 19, 2011
well, after reading this entire thread it appears that their upgrade seems to be overall positive. Hopefullly, when they are finished adjusting, fixing, editing, and upgrading, the site overhaul will be a complete success.

Members online

Latest posts