Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

White speck on chrome card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zbdub808

Nov 12, 2010
I have a chance of getting a Javier Baez Gold Ref auto for only 90 but there is a white speck on card. is there a way to get that off?
IMG_2604.JPG

IMG_2605.JPG

A_Pharis

If it would come off, the seller would have probably gotten it off. Unless you think that the value will go so far up that the speck won't matter - I'd stay away. If you get it, and it's a result of card damage, then it'll never grade at a score that will net you major cash.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
Depends. If it's just surface residue, you could probably scrub it off without damaging the card. If it's underneath the UV coating however, it's permanent. I can't tell for sure from the pic, but it appears to be surface residue.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
It's really hard to tell but it depends on the price, if it is worth a risk maybe take it but if it's not at a major steal not worth it.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I'd buy it regardless if you're a Baez fan. Some blues have almost sold for that much, and I'd be willing to bet you could get at least $125 or so on eBay for it right now even with the speck.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
What is the best way to clean the surface of BOWMAN CHROME, I had heard a cotton ball, is this accurate? No way to get that spec off, I have tried on some of mine. Get this card regardless.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
brauny said:
What is the best way to clean the surface of BOWMAN CHROME, I had heard a cotton ball, is this accurate? No way to get that spec off, I have tried on some of mine. Get this card regardless.

I gently wipe mine vertically with a micro-fiber cloth that they sell to clean your glasses with. Never make a swirling motion. I am not saying that the speck will come off, but that's the only way I would try to remove it

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
I know it doesn't help you in your decision, but if I was the one who pulled that card I'd send it in for replacement. I've done it before with cards that have print defects and got good results. If they can't replace it, they'll send it back. It costs a bit to ship it back, but considering how much money he's leaving on the table by selling it this way...
Link

Members online

Latest posts