Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1988-1990 Topps "Company Store" Inserts / Order Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jan 14, 2009
I am trying to build a master set of these "inserts." Topps produced them and inserted them in each regular and cello pack for 1988, 1989 and 1990 years. The cards usually offered T-Shirts, Binders, Hats, etc and came on different card stocks.

I'm having trouble confirming whether 1988 Topps had these in the regular packs or if they were only inserted in Topps Big, which as far as I know, are all blank-backed.

So two things:

Can anyone confirm the existence of these inserts with printed (order form) backs that say 1988 on front and if so, where they were found.

If anyone on the boards are breaking these years of Topps wax and have any of these they wish to get rid of, please PM me or email me directly at [email protected] - I know this is a longshot since most get tossed in the trash but buying box after box has become expensive so any lots I can purchase will be helpful.

Oh and if anyone has any information to share on these cards, please do so.

Thanks!

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
These came up a few years ago on the PSA message boards - just a general statement that one of the members was collecting them.

Honestly, I find it both awesome and insane that people collect these. I'd really love to learn more about them, the different versions and how people get interested in them.

I also really like the image of people buying wax cases to throw away the cards and look at the inserts. (Please don't tell me if you aren't doing that, as I don't want to know the truth...)

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
I have one or two 800 count boxes with the filler cards from the late 80' to early 90's. All different manufacturers. I'll try to find them this weekend and let you know what I have.

Jan 14, 2009
ajw said:
I also really like the image of people buying wax cases to throw away the cards and look at the inserts. (Please don't tell me if you aren't doing that, as I don't want to know the truth...)

That is what I am doing with 1988 Topps Big right now. Years ago I built master sets with a ll the variations etc, now I can't stand the idea of sorting that stuff, so most will get junked quickly.

Dazed said:
I have one or two 800 count boxes with the filler cards from the late 80' to early 90's. All different manufacturers. I'll try to find them this weekend and let you know what I have.

Please let me know, I am interested in all 1980s and 1990's Topps sweepstakes, order, mail-in pack inserts and would love to purchase a bulk lot.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
I will let you know.

I think I even have some of the Scratch & Win cards Topps included in packs in the early 80's.

They are all scratched of course.

I remember winning some baseball books and I won one of the big prizes a Rawlings baseball glove. I still have the books somewhere, the glove is long gone.

Jan 14, 2009
Dazed said:
I will let you know.

I think I even have some of the Scratch & Win cards Topps included in packs in the early 80's.

They are all scratched of course.

I remember winning some baseball books and I won one of the big prizes a Rawlings baseball glove. I still have the books somewhere, the glove is long gone.

That's awesome, I just recently found an instant winner from 1990 Pro Set that has 1:10,000 odds. For a patch or something ridiculous but pretty rare nonetheless.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Am reading a 1988 bbc mag & one of the "mail bag" letters is from someone who claimed to have three boxes of 88 Topps w variation wrappers.

The topps logo was missing and color on baseball is wrong. Ever heard of this?

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
like the black arrow variation in the lower right corner of this picture?

88tvar.jpg.html

http://m66.photobucket.com/albumview/al ... r.jpg.html

Members online