Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

where the fudge is Oswalt going?

Where does he go?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
There are a million opinions and rumors out there. The latest is he wants $8 million for one-year. I should get a contest going.

ugafan247

Jul 15, 2011
craiger122003 said:
To STL and Westbrook will be released/traded

I was going to say that, but then you have to look at the # of guys in the cardinal's pitching staff who can start. It would create a massive log jam for the new manager, which I think would be an unnecessary problem.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
ugafan247 said:
craiger122003 said:

I was going to say that, but then you have to look at the # of guys in the cardinal's pitching staff who can start. It would create a massive log jam for the new manager, which I think would be an unnecessary problem.

How? Who are you thinking of? Oswalt on a one-year deal wouldn't block anyone. Rzepczynski and Lynn are both destined to the bullpen this season, and Miller wouldn't be blocked at all with Oswalt on a one-year deal.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
MacK said:
ugafan247 said:
craiger122003 said:

How? Who are you thinking of? Oswalt on a one-year deal wouldn't block anyone. Rzepczynski and Lynn are both destined to the bullpen this season, and Miller wouldn't be blocked at all with Oswalt on a one-year deal.
Some word that Berkman has been trying to sway him......Cards are willing.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
1 year... Geez, where's the loyalty?

Oh, and if you guys want any of his cards where hes wearing an Astros Uniform, I can supply you with a few...

ugafan247

Jul 15, 2011
MacK said:
ugafan247 said:
craiger122003 said:

1. Wainwright
2. Carpenter
3. Garcia
4. Loshe
5. Westbrook
6. McClellan
7. And if signed, Oswalt

Seven potential starters seems like a bit of a log jam to me at least

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
ASTROBURN said:
1 year... Geez, where's the loyalty?

Oh, and if you guys want any of his cards where hes wearing an Astros Uniform, I can supply you with a few...

Roy is asking for one year.

I think it will be his last year as well.

I really thought he was going to retire after this past season and go hang out on his land.

any team who gets Roy will get a gamer and one of the best pitchers since the turn of the 21st century.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
ugafan247 said:
MacK said:
ugafan247 said:
craiger122003 said:

1. Wainwright
2. Carpenter
3. Garcia
4. Loshe
5. Westbrook
6. McClellan
7. And if signed, Oswalt

Seven potential starters seems like a bit of a log jam to me at least

McClellan's no longer a starter, that should be apparent. Westbrook is the obvious hinderance, and he'd have to be dealt first likely. I don't think the Cardinals would stash him as a long man in his contract year, but Mozeliak did say today that he likes the idea of an insurance policy in the rotation, so perhaps maybe they would just stash Westbrook. There's no current logjam, and a logjam would likely be solved prior to signing Oswalt.