Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Newest Vintage Pick-up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
I just pick this little card up, and I do mean little the card measures maybe 1.5 X 3 inches. A 1916 M101-4, I think. Larry Doyle of the Giants is pictured on the card. I personally love beat up vintage cards, especially if the card is almost 100 years old. The great thing about this card is the history that it tells in the pen marks on the front. Late in the 1916 season Doyle was traded from the New York Giants to the Chicago Cubs, and whomever owned the card in 1916 also made this change on the front of the card. Love it....

Sorry for the horrible scan:
1916M101-4.jpg

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
Great pickup! You are correct, it is a 1916 M101-4. His M101-5 is card number 52. One of my favorite sets from the Deadball Era. I especially like the various back advertisements that are available. I hope to land a Smokey Joe Wood someday.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Nice pick up. I know that I sometimes put a new team on the front of a card or two as a kid.
Also, check out the Vintage Sports Cards forum on here for more info and scans of some great old cards.
DANNY

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
jay1065-
Thanks for confirming it's a M101-4....but unfortunately it's just a blank back card.

dano7-
I used to have a rolling Larry Doyle pick up thread in the Vintage fourm but got lazy and stopped adding to it.

Brewer Andy-
"Just a bit outside......."

homerun28aa-
Thanks!

Members online