Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

JIC: HIT 44.95 BIN ON CONTENDERS PORCELLO--deal or no deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Nice card, but I just don't think Porcello is an SP. Donruss has him as one of (if not the) biggest names in all their auto sets from their products of 2008. I feel like they would want to continue to get as many of his autos into their products as possible.

Nice card though, should still be money down the road.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
hofmichael said:
Thanks to whoever just bought mine.
Mike

glad i could b of service to sell yours. with only about 15000 total autos, taking into account insert auto, if everyone signed 400 these would still be some of the best first year autos to get. imagine a pujols/wright/reyes type contenders auto w/ less than 400 signed. contenders will explode soon enough.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Blue Hodges Reverend said:
hofmichael said:
Mike

glad i could b of service to sell yours. with only about 15000 total autos, taking into account insert auto, if everyone signed 400 these would still be some of the best first year autos to get. imagine a pujols/wright/reyes type contenders auto w/ less than 400 signed. contenders will explode soon enough.

So will the Leaf Limited Autos from Prime Cuts when people realize that even though they are unnumbered, they are still very limited, and possibly even as rare as they were supposed to be according to the product sell sheet...which would mean there are exactly 99 copies.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
[quote="Blue Hodges Reverend":w0epangj]
hofmichael said:
Mike

So will the Leaf Limited Autos from Prime Cuts when people realize that even though they are unnumbered, they are still very limited, and possibly even as rare as they were supposed to be according to the product sell sheet...which would mean there are exactly 99 copies.[/quote:w0epangj]

they would be viewed more like an insert auto imo, but still a nice card

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Blue Hodges Reverend said:
hofmichael said:
Mike

I'm just not "buying into" the Contenders rave (maybe it's because I had bought into EEE & Prime Cuts on my guy, but Donruss has given me a "burned out" feeling). Personally I've always thought EEE is baseball's version of Contender's football when it comes to rc/prospect auto's & I'll stick with EEE over Contenders as I think that baseball card collector's have that familiarity factor with EEE. I'm not insinuating Contenders will be a bust down the line but I think if the player has an auto in EEE & Contenders (considering there are no huge print run difference's between thier EEE & Contender card's) then the EEE will be the one garnering the most interest; I think Contenders may be hotter at the moment due to the fact they just came out & they're hitting Ebay in masses. Just my opinion though (as I was responding to your's). As was written earlier though, Porcello will blow up regardless (so good buy there bud)! :D