Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Time to Sell the New New York Yankee Pineda?

Time to Sell Pineda?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarinerswinWS

Oct 18, 2010
Tacoma, WA
I was wondering with the price spike in Pineda's cards you think it's the right time to sell. I understand some people might find it time to list and sell immediately while some might sell now. Vote and explain if you wish.

-Alex

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
MarinerswinWS said:
I understand some people might find it time to list and sell immediately while some might sell now.

Whats the difference between selling immediately and selling now?

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Yes. I have realized over the years that players who are traded to the Yankees or who sign with them as free agents VERY rarely receive increased hobby attention after they actually start playing for the Yankees. Take the initial trade/signing bump, because prices will be right back where they were or even lower soon enough. Yankees fans only care about the guys who are "true" Yankees (guys brought up in the Yankees farm system or who started their ML career with the Yankees) and pretty much ignore everyone else.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
sportscardtheory said:
Yankees fans only care about the guys who are "true" Yankees (guys brought up in the Yankees farm system or who started their ML career with the Yankees) and pretty much ignore everyone else.

Hmmmmm.... well there is this guy named Babe Ruth who isn't a "True" Yankee and he seems pretty popular with Yankee collectors :lol:

I know what your saying though ;)

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
G $MONEY$ said:
sportscardtheory said:
Yankees fans only care about the guys who are "true" Yankees (guys brought up in the Yankees farm system or who started their ML career with the Yankees) and pretty much ignore everyone else.

Hmmmmm.... well there is this guy named Babe Ruth who isn't a "True" Yankee and he seems pretty popular with Yankee collectors :lol:

Babe Ruth is solid but like mentioned above, he didn't come up with the farm system, so he isn't a "true" yankee...

You are better off going after guys like Gary Sanchez than scrubs like Ruth, that have real potential

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
G $MONEY$ said:
sportscardtheory said:

So who are the people over-paying for Pineda's stuff right now? A 2009 Gold refractor sold a few days ago for $87; I just sold a blue refractor BGS 9.5 for $124.99 last night, and it took less than 30 minutes.

I think it's fair to say that Yankees fans, much like the ownership, just buys whatever they want, whenever they want, and don't really care if it makes sense in the long run.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
hive17 said:
So who are the people over-paying for Pineda's stuff right now? A 2009 Gold refractor sold a few days ago for $87; I just sold a blue refractor BGS 9.5 for $124.99 last night, and it took less than 30 minutes.

I think it's fair to say that Yankees fans, much like the ownership, just buys whatever they want, whenever they want, and don't really care if it makes sense in the long run.

Its mostly people who think a few big games and the value will double since its a major market. Sadly most Yankee fans dont care about baseball yet.

Members online

Latest posts