Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Features in the 2012 BA Prospect Handbook

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
For those who weren't aware, the 2012 Prospect Handbook has a couple of new features which should be even more enticing for prospectors.

1) Each of the 900 players with scouting reports will feature a grade on the 20-80 scouting scale in terms of their overall ceiling. This is in addition to each team's #1 prospect getting grades on each of their individual tools.

2) Each of the 900 players will also include a "risk factor" scale, which ranges from "Safe" to "Extreme".

(For instance, I've been told Matt Moore's ceiling graded a "75", and was considered "Safe".)

The book is scheduled to release late this month.

Just figured I'd pass this along.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
For those who weren't aware, the 2012 Prospect Handbook has a couple of new features which should be even more enticing for prospectors.

1) Each of the 900 players with scouting reports will feature a grade on the 20-80 scouting scale in terms of their overall ceiling. This is in addition to each team's #1 prospect getting grades on each of their individual tools.

2) Each of the 900 players will also include a "risk factor" scale, which ranges from "Safe" to "Extreme".

(For instance, I've been told Matt Moore's ceiling graded a "75", and was considered "Safe".)

The book is scheduled to release late this month.

Just figured I'd pass this along.

That's pretty damn cool, about time they did that.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
Sounds like a prospecting dream. you wont be able to find a lot of 1 dollar prospects about to blow up other then players that really do come out of nowhere.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
t3dudek said:
Sounds like a prospecting dream. you wont be able to find a lot of 1 dollar prospects about to blow up other then players that really do come out of nowhere.

That's assuming you take their opinions as Gospel. They're only one company.

Jedi500

Jan 2, 2009
Abracadaver said:
Jedi500 said:
Can't wait till February to get this from Barnes and Noble

If you pre order it from Baseball America you get extras.
I dont really care for the extras. Just an opininion
Rather just get it for $13 cheaper

Members online

Latest posts