Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps sketch question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baberuthfan

Aug 12, 2008
florida
Is there a way to tell if they were pack pulled or if they were the ones topps let the artists keep?? When looking at the back of the cards I have seen and the ones I have, I noticed some have the picture of a batter swinging directly to the right of the mlb logo on the back of the card towards the bottom and some have it missing. here is a link to one card on ebay that has it(if someone could paste it on here that would be great thanks). Is there still a market for the sketch cards?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-Topps-Dwig ... 256b6c61cb

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Brian Kong is one of the notable artists for this set, so I would imagine that what is in the auction is correct.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
jbrown said:
nyc3 said:
Read the description...

NEVER pack-inserted

This.

It's still the same card as a pack inserted one.

Artists are given back a few of the cards that they draw so that they can sell them, as they only get a few dollars per sketch card.

packbusta

Aug 15, 2010
My only question is why the Gooden RC is "his Infamous 1984 Topps traded/update Rookie card." Infamous?

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
That is Brian Kong's eBay ID, so besides the fact that the auction says it was never inserted into packs, I'm going to say it is an artist keep card.

baberuthfan

Aug 12, 2008
florida
the link i gave was just an example to show the back of the card, i know that card is not pack inserted. My question is ,is there a way to determine if they are pack inserted or just kept by the artists. The few I have seen in person, some have the players assosiation logo (to the right of the mlb logo) on the back of the card towards the bottom and others don't have it. Is this how you can tell or is it just a mistake by topps?

Members online

Latest posts