Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Serious trade offer presented to me. Please advise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
I send Berkman 2/3 $10, Uggla 3/3 $16, Asdrubal 2/3 $1, Brandon Belt & Shelby Miller.

I get Pujols 3/3 $44, Wright 3/3 $28, Brandon Phillips 2/3 $26, Zack Wheeler & Nick Franklin.

Granted I lose Pujols & Wright at end of the year or can move them if I'm out of it to a contender for smaller pieces. My problem is this: Will Pujols re-become Pujols this year and will Wright bounce back to 2008-2010 form? If both happen them I guess I'd come out ahead. Not a big fan of prospect downgrade and taking on $71 in cap. Right now my 10 keepers only cost me $73. But it's Pujols & Wright. Citi Field brought in the fences so Wright may go nuts.

Any ideas or advice is welcomed. Huge potential here. I also fear that Berkman regression happens and Asdrubal comes back to earth. But if 2011 was a sign of something to come, I'd miss out on contracting and having a cheap stud at a weak position.

~AJ

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
Based on the keepers you already have compared to others in your league, do you think you have a legitimate shot at winning it all based on pre-draft rosters? If so, then do it. If you think there are a couple others better than you on paper, I think it would be a bit too much of the future to give up, especially if you only get Pujols and Wright for 1 year. If you take the trade, you are essentially going for it all this year, and need to draft/manage your squad with that in mind.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
I won the league last year, but I mortgaged most of my prospects to do so plus cheap keepers. There are better teams than mine now so I think I'm not gonna be able to do this. If I did and finished out of the money, it's not worth it.

Members online

Latest posts