Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB.com's Top 10 Prospects Per Position Lists (Today - OF)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Re: MLB.com's Top 10 Prospects Per Position Lists (Today - RHPs)

Carlos Martinez looks like a close miss.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Re: MLB.com's Top 10 Prospects Per Position Lists (Today - RHPs)

Glad I added some Teheran recently, crossing my fingers that the BC Blue Ref Auto at BGS comes back a 9.5. And glad I have him and Taillon on my fantasy minors squad. Eat THAT Duchscherer-lover!!! Hahaha

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Re: MLB.com's Top 10 Prospects Per Position Lists (Today - SS)

You have to wonder, how much can you trust a list that refers to Machado as "the first high school player taken in the 2010 First-Year Player Draft"???

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL

I take Mayo will a grain of salt. I am thinking he meant to say " first position player".

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD

19braves77 said:
I take Mayo will a grain of salt. I am thinking he meant to say " first position player".

But wasn't it: 1. Harper 2. Taillon 3. Machado? All high schoolers, with Harper being the first position player?

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010

gmarutiak said:
19braves77 said:

But wasn't it: 1. Harper 2. Taillon 3. Machado? All high schoolers, with Harper being the first position player?

Harper played at a JUCO I believe

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008

Harper was drafted out of college, so he wasn't a HS player. He was HS age appropriate, but not in HS.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Re: MLB.com's Top 10 Prospects Per Position Lists (Today - 3B)

Teheran!!!
colombia.gif

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO

Regarding the 3B list...I don't see how Borchering can go from 6th last year to unranked this year despite hitting better at a higher level. 24 HR/92 RBI pretty solid for a 20 year old in Cal League IMO.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008

sigma_chi said:
Regarding the 3B list...I don't see how Borchering can go from 6th last year to unranked this year despite hitting better at a higher level. 24 HR/92 RBI pretty solid for a 20 year old in Cal League IMO.

It's a good question. Regardless of the excuse given, maybe the next questions should be: "why was he ranked so high last year then?" But he's a solid prospect regardless. Maybe he's at 11?

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO

hive17 said:
sigma_chi said:

It's a good question. Regardless of the excuse given, maybe the next questions should be: "why was he ranked so high last year then?" But he's a solid prospect regardless. Maybe he's at 11?

I got to thinking, maybe it was because of his propencity for the strikeout....then again it's not like that's an issue that just came up in 2011. He's been a swing and miss guy his whole short career. I guess my bigger question was what did they see about his 24/92/.270 standard line that made them cut bait with him as far as top 10 lists go. His defense maybe? Ahh well, it doesn't really matter.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

sigma_chi said:

He is now an outfielder.

Members online

Latest posts