Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whats this vintage Yogi Auto worth? SCAN EDITTT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
Hey guys,

Got this card from a friend of mines private collection. Don't know much about older cards but I believe this is a 1952 Topps Red Back I believe? Could be totally wrong. It is signed in blue pen by Yogi Berra. I know the auto is authenticate and i'd love to have it encapsulated by PSA with an autograph authentication and card condition grade. I don't know how much that costs though. The card is a bit beat up from age, a few creases but overall not in horrible shape for this old of a card I think. I was just curious as to what you guys think it could be worth once encapsulated, and how much that would cost me. Thanks guys!
Avery

Scan:
6575ca34.jpg

EDIT: Does FCB do a submission for PSA autograph authentication?

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Re: Whats this vintage Yogi Auto worth? SCAN

Not sure, but its begging for PSA DNA.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY

Ty Hope said:
Not sure, but its begging for PSA DNA.
Agreed. I think regardless of the monetary value, this card needs to be slabbed. Would just complete it.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009

Encapsulation would cost about $25 with S&H (maybe more maybe less). While a neat item, it's probably only in the $100 - 150 range when encapsulated (for comparison, I paid about 100 for a much nicer condition vintage signed 1952 Topps Berra).

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009

Yea definitly has weak appeal without a slab. It'll go nicely into my collection most likely once encapsulated. I'm surprised a 60 year old card signed by a yankee HOF catcher only fetches $100 ish.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009

Sad but true. You can get a signed copy of his Bowman Rookie card for $200 if you don't want it in top condition:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/signed-1948-Bow ... 3a6e794433

thegreathambino said:
Yea definitly has weak appeal without a slab. It'll go nicely into my collection most likely once encapsulated. I'm surprised a 60 year old card signed by a yankee HOF catcher only fetches $100 ish.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota

darrend505 said:
What you have is not 1952, its from 1951.

True True, 1951 Topps red backs, also a blue back series.

Doing the auto authentication and the card grading in one doesn't make alot of sense in this instance for a couple reasons:

If you're looking for the most value, I'd just psa/dna the auto and leave it at that. It'll cost you slightly more to do both, and in the end it won't increase the value very much, if any. There looks to be some solid creases and scratches that will very much deter from the grade. This set is on a slightly different stock, and with the rounded edges, it makes higher grades more common then other topps sets from the 50's on. You're looking at VG to EX condition at best IMO. That would translate to a PSA 3-5. Again, just my opinion

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009

Does FCB do a submission for PSA autograph authentication?

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota

thegreathambino said:

Right now there is a large issue with the last group sub to psa, so I doubt there will be any new one for a while.

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009

wolfmanalfredo said:
thegreathambino said:

Right now there is a large issue with the last group sub to psa, so I doubt there will be any new one for a while.

Did it go wrong or something? Damn alright thanks for the info

Members online