Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Chances this patch is real?

Moltor patch legit or not?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
[ebay:13gvqkbv]320827580190[/ebay:13gvqkbv]

$(KGrHqV,!l8E7DPKSL7)BPDLVn0Hm!~~60_3.JPG

I have seen every one of these to sell on ebay, and this is the first Molitor I've seen with a patch. Plenty of Dawson patches out there,
so I'm sure the left side of the card is legit, but aside from being a ridiculous patch in the Molitor side, it looks a little iffy to me.

Thoughts?

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
No idea on authenticity but he doesn't appear to be selling any other suspect cards...

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Well, I think I just answered my own question. I can't find a single light blue Brewers jersey with the ball/glove logo patch on it.

shanks25 said:
No idea on authenticity but he doesn't appear to be selling any other suspect cards...
I don't even suspect the seller, just the card.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Why in the world would Topps put awesome looking patches on the Dawson side and not Molitor's? Man Topps makes stupid decisions too frequently.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I never buy GU'd because i don't trust the manufacturers and they just do nothing for me, so I am asking this as someone unfamiliar. Is it normal for a lot of threads to be hanging out of the window? See the right side of the Molitor. Looks like a bush league fake to me, like the patch went in after the top layer of the card. But again, i don't know much about them

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Keyser Soze said:
I never buy GU'd because i don't trust the manufacturers and they just do nothing for me, so I am asking this as someone unfamiliar. Is it normal for a lot of threads to be hanging out of the window? See the right side of the Molitor. Looks like a bush league fake to me, like the patch went in after the top layer of the card. But again, i don't know much about them
That's part of the reason I'm questioning it.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
Hmm, that's interesting...I'd have said 100% fake but after seeing your scans of those previously sold....I still say its fake BUT not 100% certain...

As Eric says all day, every day, thanks topps!

Dave

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
I'm not too familiar with this card, but this is a shame if the Dawson patch is real. My guess on the Molitor patch is fake, because the same seller has sold plenty of other suspect cards. They haven't sold too many logo patches, but plenty of Topps Premiere rookie autos, buyback autos and *** autos.

Past sales by the same seller

Some patches sold by them:
2010-07-28DrewBledsoe.jpg
2010-11-14BrettFavre.jpg

2010-11-14BrettFavre2.jpg
2011-03-10BernieWilliams.jpg

2011-03-10DonDrysdale.jpg
2011-03-10OzzieSmith.jpg

2012-01-04HideoNomo.jpg
2011-03-10RyanHoward.jpg

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
^^^Was hoping you'd chime in.

I remember seeing/reporting that Nomo now.

6 pages of suspect cards? He's sold more RPAs than what topps made... :lol:

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
I cant believe someone ruined a perfectly good Dawson Patch ::facepalm:: :benson: Although I agree with markakis8 in that they should have put Molitor patches on the other side of the Dawson ones. With that Said Yes the Molitor Side is Altered and you dont even need to be a Patch Pro to see it ::facepalm:: . Its an obvious Push job. Man That makes me Upset as I am trying to complete the Nameplate for the Dawson side (Or atleast Half of half of a nameplate :lol: ). Here Are the one I have.
Ps : Im not sure How I missed that "O" Patch. Also Still havent seen the other half of that Tag.

AndreDawsonMolitorPatchJry25of25_00.jpg

AndreDawsonPatchJumbo24of25.jpg

AndreDawsonMolitorPatch19of25.jpg

AndreDawsonMolJumbopatch21of25.jpg

AndreDawsonMolitorTagJry11of25.jpg

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
ChasHawk said:
There you go...4 more that I didn't see...I didn't know you had that many Tony... :shock:
Yea I was quietly trying to Put together his last name :lol: . I have posted them in my maildays but probably get lost within the other stuff that I post, plus I have picked them up at different times. Im almost tempted to Win the auction and Rip the Molitor Side off and Keep the Dawson then Send the molitor side back to the seller :twisted: . On the Flip side who knows if the seller is at fault, he may just be buying all these altered cards thinking they are Legit.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
mlbsalltimegreats said:
ChasHawk said:
There you go...4 more that I didn't see...I didn't know you had that many Tony... :shock:
Yea I was quietly trying to Put together his last name :lol: . I have posted them in my maildays but probably get lost within the other stuff that I post, plus I have picked them up at different times. Im almost tempted to Win the auction and Rip the Molitor Side off and Keep the Dawson then Send the molitor side back to the seller :twisted: . On the Flip side who knows if the seller is at fault, he may just be buying all these altered cards thinking they are Legit.
After MrWhiteSox photobucket link, I have no doubt the seller is at fault.

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
I have lost all faith in Game Used cards. Too much to worry about. You have to worry that the seller put a fake patch in, you have to worry if the manufacturer put the correct piece in, you have to worry that the manufacturer was sold a fake piece to begin with. Ive got to the point where I just buy GU stuff cause I like the design of the card and just consider the GU piece as part of the design and not a game used piece of memorabilia. I love HOF patches but its getting harder to pony up the cash. Just my thoughts.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
mlbsalltimegreats said:
ChasHawk said:

The Dawson side looks fake too.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
vwnut13 said:
mlbsalltimegreats said:
ChasHawk said:

The Dawson side looks fake too.
Did you even look at all the cards Tony and I posted?

Members online

Latest posts