Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Chirp Chirp....I hear a Canary

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
ballerskrip said:
Well, after I lost out on the Bowman chrome super a month ago. Figured i had to have this one. Based off of other completed auctions, I think I got a really good price.

canary victory

Glad you got it. I was going to nab it, if you werent.

Greg

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Junior Griffey said:
Nice! I was watching but it went out of my range. My Baez collection consists of one Chrome refractor auto so far, boo.
I am with you-I have just 1 lonely chrome auto. His stuff is selling quite a bit better than I expected. Kind of a bummer.

Skrip, that is a great looking card. Nice pickup.

MichaelStanton2010

Feb 14, 2010
I was just checkin some HS stats....nice HR and SB totals on this kid...could make a nice splash in Milb! Nice pickup looks like you harpooned a potential whale!

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Congrats on your purchase Matt. Was this funded by some of the profits from the Pineda trade? :)

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
hail2thevictors said:
Junior Griffey said:
Nice! I was watching but it went out of my range. My Baez collection consists of one Chrome refractor auto so far, boo.
I am with you-I have just 1 lonely chrome auto. His stuff is selling quite a bit better than I expected. Kind of a bummer.

Skrip, that is a great looking card. Nice pickup.

THanks for the compliment.

I actually have felt that MOST of his stuff has been very underpriced. Personally, I think he is just as good, if not better than Bubba Starling. I believe he was either the #1 or #2 high school bat in the draft. Compare base chrome autos of the two guys. $12-$14 compared to $35-$40.

We shall see. If he is as good as I think he is, I will be a happy camper :D

THanks everyone for the thoughts and compliments.

YEs, it was funded by some Pineda sales :p

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
MojoDan said:
Good for you Matt. Congrats on the pickup :)

THanks Dan. Truth be told, I have always been a "settler" when it comes to cards. I will just back away from the cards I really want and buy to mid end instead. I just flat out decided I wasn't going to do that here. I also just added a Baez gold refractor auto as well.

skrip

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
ballerskrip said:
MojoDan said:
Good for you Matt. Congrats on the pickup :)

THanks Dan. Truth be told, I have always been a "settler" when it comes to cards. I will just back away from the cards I really want and buy to mid end instead. I just flat out decided I wasn't going to do that here. I also just added a Baez gold refractor auto as well.

skrip

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I've turned the page on that though. I was mostly low-mid end and only got high end if I was able to trade for part/all of it. I would rather fewer pickups of a PC player than just buying everything out there. That being said, I am still as geeked for 90s inserts/Saints team sets as I am when I get a nice Killebrew slab or auto. ;)

Latest posts