Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ot: Fantasy Baseball keeper help

Who should I keep?

• Eric Hosmer, KC 1B

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dustin Ackley, Sea 2B

• Starlin Castro, ChC SS

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cwc2002

Dec 7, 2008
I'm in a 16 team keeper league on ESPN where we're allowed to keep 6 players on our team from the previous season. I've come to a sticky predicament this year where there are like 10 guys I'd consider keeping so I'd like to get some help. You can keep the players every year and there's no penalty for keeping these players. It's a snake draft where I placed 2nd place, so I'll draft 15th this year. It's a head to head league where we play the following stats:

batting:
R 2B 3B HR RBI BB SB AVG

pitching:
IP H ER BB K W L SV HD ERA WHIP

My players that I'm considering include the following:
Eric Hosmer, KC 1B
Dustin Ackley, Sea 2B
Starlin Castro, ChC SS
Justin Upton, Ari OF
Mike Stanton, Fla OF
Ian Kinsler, Tex 2B, DH
Bryce Harper, Wsh OF

Jon Lester, Bos SP
Jered Weaver, LAA SP

Now the guys I for sure want to keep are bolded above...I'm just not too sure who else. I'm leaning towards Castro, Kinsler, and Hosmer. 1b is deep but every single 1b who is decent will probably already be a keeper.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
You have no other pitching worth keeping?

Looking at preliminary Yahoo rankings....

Ian Kinsler
Starlin Castro
Eric Hosmer

If you dont keep one of these 3... you wont get a chance to draft them again at #15. And that will sure up 1B 2B and SS and 2 OF with the other 2 picks. Leaves 3B OF and C....

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
I would keep Castro, Lester, and either Hosmer or Kinsler depending on how the draft pool looks with the lean towards Kinsler since he plays a thinner position. If most other teams are keeping 1B then you shouldn't have much competition for Hosmer when it's your turn to pick....right?

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
I would keep Castro, Kinsler, and Lester. If most of the other 15 teams keep 1B, you might be able to snag Hosmer with the #15 pick. If any of the top 14 picks before you decide to go after a top tier starter, Lester likely won't make it back to you. In my opinion, I would keep the player you feel most likely won't be around when you pick in the 1st round. Good luck!

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
16 teams x 6 players is 96 players off the top..... Hosmer is ranked in the 40s I think... so he is likely a top 5 player left... If this league uses a utility position he will be gone quick.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
Here is ESPN's Top 250 as of 01/17.

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/baseb ... 12ranks250

Looks like Lester is 38 and Hosmer is 56. So neither player will likely be available when you pick. With that said, I would take my chances with whatever 1B are left rather than hope and pray with the SP group that is left at this point. Lester and Weaver would be a great start to your staff. Good luck!

Latest posts