Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jurickson Profar Cards are En Fuego!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glewis22

Jan 8, 2010
Holy schnikes, these puppies are heating up. Anyone noticing this - Base Autos are now popping off at like $47.

This just ended tonight:
[ebay:g4uzu7pq]270892738844[/ebay:g4uzu7pq]

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
shayscards79 said:
I'm surprised it's taken this long.. using Machado as a basis for comparison for one.
I've been saying this for a long time.

At the end of the season, if you compared Profar's stats to Machado's, without knowing who was who, you may take Profar. Yet, when I was buying just about every Profar auto, Machado autos sold for about 3x what Profar's sold for. That just made me buy more. I have been VERY pleased by what I've read about Profar in the offseason-a lot of folks are ranking him ahead of Machado, which is saying quite a bit. Profar had as good a season, or better, compared to Machado-and is over 6 months younger.

What Profar did at Low A was impressive, but add to it he was 18 the entire year(turns 19 in February)-and it makes it really impressive. In 115 games, he put up .286 avg/.390 obp/.493 slg, while racking up basically 1 extrabase hit per 2 games(57 extrabase hits), and perhaps most impressive is that he walked 65 times, compared to 63 strikeouts. Add to that his great makeup, and his ability to play above average-maybe plus-defense at SS, and you have all the makings here with Profar.

Call me crazy, but here is a comparison that comes to mind for Profar: Mike Trout. Both solid across the board tool-wise, great makeup, good to plus defense, etc. Trout a little faster, though. But, I think Profar could move towards the top 3 or 4 prospects quite easily this year.

Wes

OG
Administrator
hail2thevictors said:
shayscards79 said:
I'm surprised it's taken this long.. using Machado as a basis for comparison for one.

At the end of the season, if you compared Profar's stats to Machado's, without knowing who was who, you may take Profar. Yet, when I was buying just about every Profar auto, Machado autos sold for about 3x what Profar's sold for. That just made me buy more. I have been VERY pleased by what I've read about Profar in the offseason-a lot of folks are ranking him ahead of Machado, which is saying quite a bit. Profar had as good a season, or better, compared to Machado-and is over 6 months younger.

What Profar did at Low A was impressive, but add to it he was 18 the entire year(turns 19 in February)-and it makes it really impressive. In 115 games, he put up .286 avg/.390 obp/.493 slg, while racking up basically 1 extrabase hit per 2 games(57 extrabase hits), and perhaps most impressive is that he walked 65 times, compared to 63 strikeouts. Add to that his great makeup, and his ability to play above average-maybe plus-defense at SS, and you have all the makings here with Profar.

Call me crazy, but here is a comparison that comes to mind for Profar: Mike Trout. Both solid across the board tool-wise, great makeup, good to plus defense, etc. Trout a little faster, though. But, I think Profar could move towards the top 3 or 4 prospects quite easily this year.

Profar has nowhere near the power that Trout has.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Like him alot and liked him early. Extremely interested in seeing how he does in A+.I don't think he is in Machado's class offensively.
th_ProfarBGSBlue.jpg

MichaelStanton2010

Feb 14, 2010
Profar is in the same league as Machado without a doubt. Both are projecting as great offensive players at their positions!

SamHell said:
Like him alot and liked him early. Extremely interested in seeing how he does in A+.I don't think he is in Machado's class offensively.
th_ProfarBGSBlue.jpg

Flyer28

Dec 11, 2011
I have a blue ref Ft/Fs if anyones interested...should grade 9.5 but i don't have the time nor extra funs to send it out.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
I was really surprised to hear this to be honest. I was watching a lot of 15 base bowman cards that I was going to bid on earlier this week. I forgot to bid and the auction ended without a bid at .99.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Wes said:
hail2thevictors said:
shayscards79 said:

Never said he did-the comparison was more so regarding both having solid tools across the board, great makeup, plus defense, as I said. The progress in terms of prospect ranking just seems very similar so far, between the 2. For the power, the strong majority of SS prospects are going to have less power than a CF prospect-usually.

Wes

OG
Administrator
hail2thevictors said:
Wes said:
hail2thevictors said:
shayscards79 said:

Never said he did-the comparison was more so regarding both having solid tools across the board, great makeup, plus defense, as I said. The progress in terms of prospect ranking just seems very similar so far, between the 2. For the power, the strong majority of SS prospects are going to have less power than a CF prospect-usually.

Got it. I like both quite a bit. Profar should be in the top 4 by sheer graduation. Moore, Montero and Trout will all lose their prospect eligibility.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Wes said:
hail2thevictors said:
Wes said:
hail2thevictors said:
shayscards79 said:

Got it. I like both quite a bit. Profar should be in the top 4 by sheer graduation. Moore, Montero and Trout will all lose their prospect eligibility.
Yeah, and the crazy thing is Harper could lose his as well-then, you have a battle for #1 overall prospect, which would do wonders to anyones value. Teheran should also lose his, and Shelby Miller could as well.

As far as the Trout comparison, I should have been more clear on that.

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
Profar is nearly in the top 4 already... not fully done with my list yet, but he is hovering around 5-6 for me... aside from Moore, Harper, Trout, and Machado... hard to pick anyone else over him

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
bah, i just wanted one Ref auto... lost out on several when they were in the $45 range

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Gonna have to tell my customer, he has a 9.5 orange au of him.

How much os that now

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
BBCgalaxee said:
Gonna have to tell my customer, he has a 9.5 orange au of him.

How much os that now

The gold BGS 9 mentioned above sold for $360 and a red BGS 9.5 sold for $1675 late last month. Maybe 1/2 way between that?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts