Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Braun to give speech after accepting MVP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JustinVerlander35

Nov 1, 2011
Detroit
Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun will break his uncharacteristically long silence in a short speech after accepting his National League MVP Award at a banquet in New York on Saturday, the New York Times reported Wednesday.

Other than some brief text messages with outlets including MLB.com, Braun has not spoken publicly since ESPN broke the news in mid-December that he faced a suspension under Major League Baseball's Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. Braun is appealing the test, which according to the report registered a high level of testosterone.

Braun told MLB.com in December, "I would love to talk, but unfortunately I'm not really allowed to say anything right now. My day will come soon, though."

Source- http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... b&c_id=mlb

--

Sounds like this will be a business as usual speech. Can't say much about the whole PED allegations right now.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I'm not sure why this is even a big deal anymore. They've pretty much declared this isn't a "performance-enhancment" situation. I'm not saying he won't get suspended as he still may have ingested a banned substance, but there really isn't any grounds to say Braun cheated. He was prescribed something by a doctor.

All of this will come out between the 23rd and 24th.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
sheetskout said:
I'm not sure why this is even a big deal anymore. They've pretty much declared this isn't a "performance-enhancment" situation. I'm not saying he won't get suspended as he still may have ingested a banned substance, but there really isn't any grounds to say Braun cheated. He was prescribed something by a doctor.

All of this will come out between the 23rd and 24th.

When you say 'they', are you referring to anyone other than the Braun camp? I only ask because I thought I was following this closely and have not come across anything other than the Braun camp "declaring" anything. Also, no one is saying anything about cheating either, at least from what's being reported. But it's fruitless to think him, or his team was unclear of the zero tolerance ruling on banned substances, they are indeed quite clear. What does make me wonder is if taking one of these banned substances as medically prescribed, all he would have to do is let his team know (to get approval) and it would have been a non issue. Why did he not?

Either way, I can not wait to hear his excuses. Oh, and yeah it's not really a big deal, but when we have someone collecting the MVP award who very well may be sitting 50 games due to violating the banned substance ruling, it kinda draws interest.

Members online