Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Love the fact that game-used is now so cheap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Rarely buy anything game-used, but this card is awesome! (I imagine it is a single piece of jersey and they are getting extra mileage by cutting out from both sides, but still pretty sweet.)

Front:
$(KGrHqN,!osE63YP0ivpBPDz8H6O3w~~60_12.JPG

Back:
$(KGrHqJHJCoE7zRfR3,mBPDz8RmvIQ~~60_12.JPG

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
Re: Love the fact that game-used is not so cheap

I also like those front and back game used cards that Triple Threads did. Nice pickup.

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota

Topnotchsy said:
Rarely buy anything game-used, but this card is awesome! (I imagine it is a single piece of jersey and they are getting extra mileage by cutting out from both sides, but still pretty sweet.)

Front:

Back:

It is thicker than an average game used card?

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008

Thats a Sweet Card Top! Do you think they are using Pants for most of the Vintage stuff with Triple Threads?

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008

Sjrmn91 said:
Just won it, so don't know yet.

mlbsalltimegreats said:
Thats a Sweet Card Top! Do you think they are using Pants for most of the Vintage stuff with Triple Threads?
Honestly don't know. Will see when it is in hand.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois

mlbsalltimegreats said:
I think most vintage relic cards are pants now. Much less desirable for full g/u collectors, and much easier/cheaper for the companies to acquire.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008

ChasHawk said:
mlbsalltimegreats said:
I think most vintage relic cards are pants now. Much less desirable for full g/u collectors, and much easier/cheaper for the companies to acquire.
Yea I agree Chas, out of all the down falls of Topps I hate the fact that they have gotten so damn cheap over the years ::facepalm:: , with everything. I still like the card Tops posted and would even consider getting one myself :)

chadwright

Jun 25, 2011
Austin, TX

Sjrmn91 said:
Topnotchsy said:

Front:

Back:

No they aren't. I got the Nolan Ryan graded and it fits in a regular BGS holder, not the larger ones.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
ChasHawk said:
allstars said:
What makes a piece of pants any less desireable than a piece of jersey?
Nothing really, except that all of the TTT & Sterling cards now just say "relic"

If I'm not mistaken Chas, they've said that for a long, long time no?

I think a beltloop has yet to be done, wouldn't that be cool?

And then of course there's the zipper... :lol:

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
That's a nice card. Koufax jersey and pants cards have become cheap within the last year because Topps came out with so many of them last year (Topps Triple Threads, Topps Marquee, Topps Tier One, etc.) but nonetheless one of his nicer ones, enjoy.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
homerun28aa said:
That's a nice card. Koufax jersey and pants cards have become cheap within the last year because Topps came out with so many of them last year (Topps Triple Threads, Topps Marquee, Topps Tier One, etc.) but nonetheless one of his nicer ones, enjoy.
The drop in price has been huge... which works out fine for me. :)

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
allstars said:
I wondered that myself when I first got into Gu collecting. I think for the most part most people prefer jersey pieces as oppose to pants. I think for me persoanlly when I associate a player to a card I always think of his jersey or jersey number and never pants. Like if I really wanted to wear something of my favorite player its always his jersey and never do I say "where can I get his pants at". I think it just comes down to personal preference and the fact that I know a Full Gamer of a Hofer will more than likely cost 3-10 times more than their pants thus making me feel like I got my moneys worth from a game used jersey card rather than a game used pants card.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
mlbsalltimegreats said:
allstars said:
I wondered that myself when I first got into Gu collecting. I think for the most part most people prefer jersey pieces as oppose to pants. I think for me persoanlly when I associate a player to a card I always think of his jersey or jersey number and never pants. Like if I really wanted to wear something of my favorite player its always his jersey and never do I say "where can I get his pants at". I think it just comes down to personal preference and the fact that I know a Full Gamer of a Hofer will more than likely cost 3-10 times more than their pants thus making me feel like I got my moneys worth from a game used jersey card rather than a game used pants card.

Yeah exactly that when people go to a ballgame like kids what do they hope to get? A favorite jersey of their player and at team stores they always ask where their favorite players jersey is a Yankee fan won't go to a Yankee merchandise store and ask where he can get authentic Jeter pants.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I refuse to buy game used cards anymore because i question their authenticity.
Who says they're really game used?
Or if it's from another player's uniform?
There's no accountability or proof given that the swatch is from a genuine vintage game-used uniform.

At least with autographs, forgeries are usually noticable.
With jersey cards, there's no way to tell where the swatch was cut from.

Members online