Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Podcast Episode 2 Topic Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Hey Guys

So we'll be recording episode 2 of the podcast on monday so we'd love to get some ideas on topics you'd like to discuss. Keep in mind we may not get to all of them but will keep a record of suggestions and work them into future shows.

Also, our own Masonphillip will be on to discuss the art of grading so any questions you may have for phil, let us know and we'll get them on the list.

Thanks guys!

The FCB Podcast is now live on iTunes - give us a subscription, and please rate and review us: http://bit.ly/wjOhtm

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
I think a discussion on the MLB license would be interesting, specifically how Topps having the sole license positively/negatively affects the hobby. Could cover the other companies in terms of who should or should not get the license based on past products and prospect of success using it going forward.

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
I don't know how often you plan to tape shows so this might be better served to wait an ep or 2, but I think something on IP and TTM graphing before Spring Training would be cool.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
You could discuss the upcoming postal price increase. You could discuss something on vintage cards.

IP/TTMs but I don't think there is a large enough portion of the community that partakes in that side of things.

Wes

OG
Administrator
jeremy said:
shout outs

hawkfandan said:
Five minutes with hawkfandan!

Ask and you shall probably not receive.

James52411 said:
I think more self congratulatory talk from moderators would be nice.

Ask and you shall receive.

TBTwinsFan said:
You could discuss the upcoming postal price increase. You could discuss something on vintage cards.

IP/TTMs but I don't think there is a large enough portion of the community that partakes in that side of things.

Like what - anything specific?

D-Lite said:
I think a discussion on the MLB license would be interesting, specifically how Topps having the sole license positively/negatively affects the hobby. Could cover the other companies in terms of who should or should not get the license based on past products and prospect of success using it going forward.

This should make a good discussion.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
D-Lite said:

Great idea. I know we've had some great discussion around this topic at the National. This should be fun.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
D-Lite said:

How do I get in on THAT discussion???
BG

danimal

Dec 28, 2009
I would like to recommend a discussion on sick mojo hits and Yu's impact on 2012 Bowman.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Leaf said:
D-Lite said:

How do I get in on THAT discussion???
BG
Just pay.....like everyone else. :twisted:

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Wes said:
TBTwinsFan said:
You could discuss something on vintage cards.
Like what - anything specific?

Well, I know a discussion that intrigues some modern day collectors is how some vintage collectors consider getting cards signed damages them.

That may be too specific to have a lengthy and detailed discussion, but it's a thought.

Another idea would be the letters that the University of Wisconsin was sending to eBay sellers asking them to pull their Russell Wilson cards. It's old, but it could be a good segment.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
When are you recording?

If it's tomorrow evening, call me and I'll be a special guest. I'll be drinking heavily. I'd love to discuss the significance of the 2008 Finest Rip Girl autographs in regards to the hobby in general

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
longbomberz said:
I don't know how often you plan to tape shows so this might be better served to wait an ep or 2, but I think something on IP and TTM graphing before Spring Training would be cool.

I think this would be good. I am starting to gear up for everything I am going to sending out for Spring Training. I sent out over 200 TTM/e-mail requests last year. I am hoping to double that this year.

It may not appeal to a large group of people on the board, but I see nothing wrong with having a small segment on TTMing every so often.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
more comments about some of the best recent postings on the FCB board. I liked that part of the first podcast greatly.

might be best if you guys don't comment in the actual postings so we can hear your takes on the podcast. ;)

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I wasn't going to say anything, but I'll go ahead and be a dick about it. As expected, very heavy on prospect talk. There's nothing wrong with prospecting, but I hope that overtime, the podcasts might try to appeal to a much more broad audience.

Members online

Latest posts