Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If Prince Fielder goes to Texas...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
I know the ink isn't even dry on the Darvish deal, but it is time to move on to more important things.

If the Rangers sign Fielder, this would be their opening day lineup:

1 - Ian Kinsler - 2B - 2 time All-Star
2 - Elvis Andrus - SS - 1 time All-Star
3 - Josh Hamilton - CF - 4 time All-Star
4 - Prince Fielder - 1B - 3 time All-Star
5 - Adrian Beltre - 3B - 2 time All-Star
6 - Michael Young - DH - 7 time All-Star
7 - Nelson Cruz - RF - 1 time All-Star
8 - Mike Napoli - C
9 - David Murphy - LF

Scary!!! Pujols or not, the Rangers would have to be favored to win the AL again right?

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Yea, but you cant trust Josh Hamilton to be healthy. He's already one single from a doctor's visit. I don't think he is going to age well and the Rangers should let him walk after this season.

chadwright

Jun 25, 2011
Austin, TX
At this point I'm guessing a Fielder deal with the Rangers will come down to him deciding to play for less money or years than he is asking now. With Darvish, I bet the Rangers' willingness to spend huge on Fielder has diminished a lot. And with Scott Boros as the agent, I wouldn't think playing for less is a big option.

Although the appeal of hitting half your games at The Ballpark in Arlington might have a little weight to it for a slugger like Fielder. I'd personally love to see him in the lineup. I'm just not getting my hopes up.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
19braves77 said:
Yea, but you cant trust Josh Hamilton to be healthy. He's already one single from a doctor's visit. I don't think he is going to age well and the Rangers should let him walk after this season.

I do not disagree with Hamilton's fragility, but I am not talking about forever. I am simply looking at the lineup as it would be for 2012 and it looks damn good.

The Rangers also have a lot of depth to deal with injury issues that are sure to happen.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
This is typical Borus stuff he never makes anything easy on the teams or the fans he's always about being greedy and getting a couple extra millions. I still think Washington is the front runner but they don't need Prince they have a quick team that does have some power and more potential than any team in the MLB with two incredibly exciting prospects strasberg and harper, I feel like Prince would be icing on the cake there but they really aren't desperate for him. I think he goes back to Milwaukee on a 1-2 year deal, they need him with Braun's suspension more than any other team.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Don't think Fielder will end up in Texas but I hope Leonys Martin steps up this spring and moves Hamilton to left. Signing Fielder would mean Hamilton would be gone after next year.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
homerun28aa said:
This is typical Borus stuff he never makes anything easy on the teams or the fans he's always about being greedy and getting a couple extra millions. I still think Washington is the front runner but they don't need Prince they have a quick team that does have some power and more potential than any team in the MLB with two incredibly exciting prospects strasberg and harper, I feel like Prince would be icing on the cake there but they really aren't desperate for him. I think he goes back to Milwaukee on a 1-2 year deal, they need him with Braun's suspension more than any other team.

If he has the inventory....and it is a needed commodity then why not sell it what ever price you can get for it.
He is their agent and that is what he should be doing, getting them the best deal he can for his client. Like him or not money is money.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Gonzaleznut said:
I know the ink isn't even dry on the Darvish deal, but it is time to move on to more important things.

If the Rangers sign Fielder, this would be their opening day lineup:

1 - Ian Kinsler - 2B - 2 time All-Star
2 - Elvis Andrus - SS - 1 time All-Star
3 - Josh Hamilton - CF - 4 time All-Star
4 - Prince Fielder - 1B - 3 time All-Star
5 - Adrian Beltre - 3B - 2 time All-Star
6 - Michael Young - DH - 7 time All-Star
7 - Nelson Cruz - RF - 1 time All-Star
8 - Mike Napoli - C
9 - David Murphy - LF

Scary!!! Pujols or not, the Rangers would have to be favored to win the AL again right?

Would be awesome. But I don't think you can have Young hitting 6th and Andrus hitting 2nd. Let's face it, Andrus is the weakest hitter in that lineup. Put him at the bottom. I hate that Josh and Prince are hitting back to back and then you have an influx of RHB but I suppose you can't put those two anywhere else. I would have it like this:

Kinsler
Young
Hamilton
Prince
Cruz
Beltre
Napoli
Murphy
Andrus

If they ink Fielder they would be the definite favorites in the AL to go to the World Series. Who knows maybe they'll meet another NL team and lose and officially become the Buffalo Bills of baseball :lol:

Members online