Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fausto Carmona Said to Be Using Fake Name /Age

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Dominican Police: Carmona Using Assumed Name
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [January 19 at 2:23pm CST]
Police in the Dominican Republic say Fausto Carmona's real name is Roberto Hernandez Heredia, Enrique Rojas of ESPNDeportes tweets. Dionisio Soldevila of the AP tweets that Carmona is 31, not 28 and Jorge Arangure Jr. of ESPN.com tweets that the right-hander's chances of obtaining a visa quickly don't seem good. Yancen Pujols first tweeted news of the identity issues.

The Indians exercised Carmona's option after the season, so he'll earn $7MM in 2012. The ground ball pitcher posted a 5.25 ERA with 5.2 K/9 and 2.9 BB/9 in 188 2/3 innings in 2011. The Marlins placed Leo Nunez/Juan Carlos Oviedo on the restricted list because of issues related to his assumed name. It's not clear whether Carmona will be able to pitch in the U.S. by Opening Day.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Rats. One of my kids is an Indians fan and we have a bunch of his autos...they were all in his PC, but still...Rats.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Ricardo Juan Diaz 36 yrs old. AKA Jose Albert Pujols 31. I got this from a super duper double extra secret source that is completely unreliable, pays me to leak these stories and works for the Latin National Inquirer. So I have my doubt on the story, but for what he's paying me I'll tell everyone Manny Ramirez took steroids. Oh crap that did happen. Hmmm I think I need to charge more.

~AJ

Members online

Latest posts