Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Should this be considered "Prime"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
klute14 said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/250972506182?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

You'd be shocked at what they considered "prime"...

I remember pulling a Todd Heap plain piece of jersey from a pack of Absolute Football, #'d to 25. I think this was in 2006. I emailed to ask how this was considered prime and if they made a mistake. I got a response asking for a scan. I sent it and I was told it's prime because it's black and that was a limited part of the jersey, so the black part of the jersey was considered prime. LOL

Sure.

Actually, on that one you posted, I think I'd consider that prime since it has a button hole - certainly donruss did, as that is a "limited part of the jersey" :)

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
thats not one of the red jersey prime designated cards so its probably the standard piece except for buttonhole for this version.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
What gets forgotten is that this set was rushed out and I don't believe Donruss/Playoff had time to distinguish the buttonholes from the base swatches for most cases. I have buttonholes from Cey and Carew from this set and have also owned the Kruk.

Members online