Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

’90s Music and ’90s Baseball Cards – both still great

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
http://freedomcardboard.com/blog/2012/0 ... ill-great/

I received an email the other day that read, “Phil, any time I hear a one-hit wonder band from the 1990s, I think of you.” In case you were wondering what the song was, it was Shawn Colvin, “Sunny Came Home,” and when you saw Shawn, you thought Shawn Mullins, “Lullaby,” oh how wrong you were. Now before you accuse me of liking crummy music, this email was spawned from a string of prior conversations I’d had with my friend about how much we both loved 1990s music.

There’s a reason that I love 1990s too, aside from it being one of the better decades of music . It’s nostalgic, it is when I really started listening to music, whether it be via radio, tape or compact disc. There is something to be remembered about the first time you heard a certain song and to a degree, hearing that song today takes you back in some small way to that first time.

Umm, right, this a blog about cards, not about my incessant 1990s music ramblings. Well, here’s the thing, there’s a large parallel between my feelings about songs like this and cards like the Sandberg pictured above. The parallel being that they both remind me of a time earlier in my life and I love them both still.

continued

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Rage Against the Machine, Nine Inch Nails, and the list goes on and on. Definitely a great decade for music.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Alice in Chains "Jar of Flies" album gets listened to in its entirety at least once a month in my headphones. Rotten Apple is probably my favorite song of the decade

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Jastermereel said:
Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Rage Against the Machine, Nine Inch Nails, and the list goes on and on. Definitely a great decade for music.

A small sample of some of my favorite bands of the decade, and biggest influences musically. Aside from NIN, thats a good list of artists I've looked up to, and learned from. If we're going early 90's, can't leave out soundgarden, or pumpkins. I do like sponge, and even though they were youngins at the time, silverchair put out a great debut album

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Keyser Soze said:
Alice in Chains "Jar of Flies" album gets listened to in its entirety at least once a month in my headphones. Rotten Apple is probably my favorite song of the decade

Arguably the greatest EP of all time.

Rotten Apple is flat out amazing and probably my favorite AIC song

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
"The Bends" is the greatest album of all-time. From way back when Radiohead actually made music

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
Keyser Soze said:

Arguably the greatest EP of all time.

Rotten Apple is flat out amazing and probably my favorite AIC song

LOVE that album. My favorite on it is "Don't Follow." Something about that song gets me every time.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Ty Hope said:
I used to also like Candlebox. Their first album was awesome.

Great album, self titled I believe. Love it.

Also, Chains is one of my favorite bands, and as much as I love Dirt, Jar Of flies has to slighlty edge it, but I can go either way

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Ty Hope said:
Facelift is also loaded with pure gold by AIC.

Anything Staley touched was gold. Not a voice will ever be heard again like the one Staley produced. Self titled chains is a favorite too. Also Mad Season album: above is one of my favorite albums

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
JoshHamilton said:
I'm reading the Teenage Guide To Popularity

It may be a different time for me, grew up as a toddler in the early 90's. Hasn't been any great rock music influx for the last 10 years or so, so I go back to my roots. Born in the 80's, but a terrible decade for alot of reasons.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
wolfmanalfredo said:
JoshHamilton said:
I'm reading the Teenage Guide To Popularity

It may be a different time for me, grew up as a toddler in the early 90's. Hasn't been any great rock music influx for the last 10 years or so, so I go back to my roots. Born in the 80's, but a terrible decade for alot of reasons.

No....

Nada Surf- Popular.

Listen to it.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
Keyser Soze said:

Man in the Box is probably my favorite song of theirs.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Ty Hope said:
I used to also like Candlebox. Their first album was awesome.

Loved them too, my favorites on that album were the lesser known ones, namely "Change" and "No Sense", go back and give them a listen

Also loved AIC "Don't Follow"

Members online

Latest posts