Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hold Or Sell: 2011 bdp purple ref auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
Hows it going guys? I pulled this Archie Bradley purple ref auto /10 yesterday. I am not sure what I should do with it. Completed listings show one sold for 360 and 365. I am not in dyer need of money, I'd probably just blow it on some wax or something dumb. Would you guys sell, hold, or try to trade this. I thought about grading it but I am no grading guru!
bradley1.jpg

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
I'd at least hold it until the season starts. You gotta figure with Bradley's upside, he's going to play well at the lower levels. Chances are good that it'll go up as the season goes along. But, since it's such a big card, I probably wouldn't wait too much longer than that especially we are talking about a pitcher here.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
I would sell now. Look at Jameson Taillon last year, his prices hardly saw any type of bump. Elite SP's out of HS usually take a good bit of time to see a nice increase in price. So, I think sell because it doesn't make sense holding as long as you might have to in order to see a good increase.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
I see 53/47 centering in both directions (measuring pixels)

So it looks like a 9 (possibly 9.5) on centering.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I sell anything Orange and over, just to ensure that my break is covered somewhat. You can feel bad later if it turns out to be a 1K card, but it's a smart business decision now. I had my case so early that when I hit a purple auto of some USA kid, I JUMPED on an offer of $140 for it. Talk about having to hold for a long time.

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
hive17 said:
I sell anything Orange and over, just to ensure that my break is covered somewhat. You can feel bad later if it turns out to be a 1K card, but it's a smart business decision now. I had my case so early that when I hit a purple auto of some USA kid, I JUMPED on an offer of $140 for it. Talk about having to hold for a long time.

Ya, those usa guys getcha

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
hive17 said:

I think this is the most sound advice. Also, something else to consider is if you actually think the guy is going to be a stud you're still better off selling lower #ed cards now. Pocket the cash. Then spend some on base of the same guy. The amount base cards increase percentage wise is much greater in all cases than any low numbered parallel.

So for example if you sold a purple for $400 now. Say it goes to $600 later. The same base might have started at $10, and is now $30. You could have bought 40 base at the same price, and turned it into $1,200. While the purple only made $200.

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
nborton said:
hive17 said:

I think this is the most sound advice. Also, something else to consider is if you actually think the guy is going to be a stud you're still better off selling lower #ed cards now. Pocket the cash. Then spend some on base of the same guy. The amount base cards increase percentage wise is much greater in all cases than any low numbered parallel.

So for example if you sold a purple for $400 now. Say it goes to $600 later. The same base might have started at $10, and is now $30. You could have bought 40 base at the same price, and turned it into $1,200. While the purple only made $200.

Thats a very solid point

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
arod305 said:
nborton said:
hive17 said:

Thats a very solid point

Zoiks, talk about making my point better than I could :shock:

Good post.