Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RIPKEN WTF MINOR LEAGUE CARD .. .REAL?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
It's a legit issue. An unopened set sold recently as well...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390380887671?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Someday I want to sub mine...

wtff.jpg
wtfb.jpg

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
tunahead said:
Jastermereel said:
The one in the auction looks like it's probably real, but the scans suck.

This one pictured above, unless the scan is awful, is fake.

And what makes you say that?

Fakes of this card are very easy to spot. Look at the left of the card in the auction, then look at yours. Your card, atleast as it appears in the scan, doesn't have the top of the flag.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Jastermereel said:
tunahead said:
Jastermereel said:

Fakes of this card are very easy to spot. Look at the left of the card in the auction, then look at yours. Your card, atleast as it appears in the scan, doesn't have the top of the flag.

I think you need to get your eyes checked...

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
tunahead said:
Jastermereel said:
tunahead said:
Jastermereel said:

I think you need to get your eyes checked...

Ok. Good luck on the submission.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
The flag is the key on this card. I can see the flag on the little tiny picture in the auction. I can't see a flag on the huge scan in this thread.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Jastermereel said:

LOL, thanks! I'm hoping for a 7 as the top right corner is a little dinged. FYI, scanning this card on a black background makes it appear whiter than it actually is and washes out the flag a bit more...

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
tunahead said:
Jastermereel said:

LOL, thanks! I'm hoping for a 7 as the top right corner is a little dinged. FYI, scanning this card on a black background makes it appear whiter than it actually is and washes out the flag a bit more...

If you say so. Hopefully that's the case.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
tunahead said:
Jastermereel said:
tunahead said:
Jastermereel said:

If you say so. Hopefully that's the case.

wtf.jpg

Yeah... I still don't see the flagpole on yours. Still a sign of counterfeits. But I probably need my eyes checked, because it's JUST SO OBVIOUS on that first image that the flag is there.

I'm sorry your ******* are all ruffled.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Jastermereel said:
Yeah... I still don't see the flagpole on yours. Still a sign of counterfeits. But I probably need my eyes checked, because it's JUST SO OBVIOUS on that first image that the flag is there.

Haha, you're right. I don't know anything about Ripken cards. Thank you for teaching me.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
tunahead said:
Jastermereel said:

Haha, you're right. I don't know anything about Ripken cards. Thank you for teaching me.

I can tell. You're welcome. The first step is acknowledging.

Latest posts