Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Diamond Topps down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Is the Diamond Giveaway site down for anyone else? Since yesterday, I'm getting this message:

Thank you for participating in our 60th Anniversary Diamond Giveaway.

We apologize for the inconvenience but our website is currently down. Our IT department is working diligently to restore the site for your enjoyment!

Also, as a reminder we're extending the end of the Diamond Giveaway from January 1 to June 30, 2012 (6/30/12). Please note that all codes from 2011 Topps Baseball Series 1 and 2011 Topps Update will expire on 1/31/12 as printed on cards, while codes from 2011 Topps Baseball Series 2 can be redeemed through 6/30/12.

All trading and card ordering will remain open until the site shuts down. If you wish to have your cards shipped to you, you must do so before the site closes at 11:59PM EST on June 30, 2012.

Thank you for your continued business and participation. We will be back shortly. Check back again soon

Topps Company, Inc.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
ffgameman said:
Thanks for the quick answers. Part of the wording had me worried after the eTopps fiasco.

I am mildly concerned as well. From what I heard, there was a glitch that was preventing the system from giving out new cards, but it was allowing people to enter the same code multiple times and would credit them a dig every time.

According to Topps, everything was supposed to be back up and running Friday night or Saturday morning. So who knows.

marterburn

I know the message says they won't extend the deadline for entering codes, but if this site is down for another few days...I hope they do.

Otherwise me and many other Code sellers may be getting neg'd on our eBay transactions.

Not that Topps cares about the secondary market.

vandybill

Sep 28, 2008
I think the message is wrong anyway. It says that the deadline is 1/31/12 for Series 1 and for Update and 6/30/12 for Series 2 "as printed on the cards." I have a card from Update in front of me and it says it expires 6/30/12.

Why would Series 2 run longer than Update?

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
vandybill said:
I think the message is wrong anyway. It says that the deadline is 1/31/12 for Series 1 and for Update and 6/30/12 for Series 2 "as printed on the cards." I have a card from Update in front of me and it says it expires 6/30/12.

My update cards (from the Value Boxes) state 1/31/12.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
vandybill said:

I have two theories - 1) more likely theory: a topps screwup, 2) less likely theory: topps knew a wrapper redemption situation was likely so they opted to extend the dates on code cards instead

ticked at topps in 2 ways on Saturday: the diamond giveaway site being down (thus inconvenience to enter a code and check my trade offers) and the fact I received a shipment of cards from them in the mail that day and one card was backordered, BS that they say all the unlocked cards are in one of their temperature controlled environment buildings. I hope they will ship the backordered card to me at their expense instead of forcing more shipping/handling charges on me.

marterburn

ffgameman said:
vandybill said:

The cards from the front of the value boxes must be from series 1 or 2. The ones from the packs of update are indeed 6/30.

I have a stack here from 5 Value Boxes, and they're mixed. So that's the only explanation that makes sense.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
marterburn said:
ffgameman said:
vandybill said:

The cards from the front of the value boxes must be from series 1 or 2. The ones from the packs of update are indeed 6/30.

I have a stack here from 5 Value Boxes, and they're mixed. So that's the only explanation that makes sense.

Ah. I just picked up a random card from my stack.

vandybill

Sep 28, 2008
marterburn said:
ffgameman said:
vandybill said:

Good call. My unredeemed card is from the front of a Value Box. I assumed it was from Update but it is actually from Series 2 (card #TDG-11).

sabrgeek

Apr 10, 2010
A few notes:"

The site has been down since Thursday and was working, at least for me, on a random basis for the few days before that

I bought a mix of value boxes and the 72 card "retail" packs yesterday at Wally World. 6 cards have the 1/31 deadline, 3 have the 6/30 card.

If Topps was smart, they would extend the deadline to 6/30 for all the code cards. Failing that, since this is now the second extended down time in the past three months -- they should extent to at least the end of February.

Why series 2, just check the hobby wax prices of series 2 versus series one or update. I think Blowout was at $36.95 when i checked yesterday which is a great price indeed.

The worse thing for me was that I was planning to trade heavily this weekend and make me order, etc. Now, that is on hold --- and I'm very frustrated.

Regards
Rich

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
muskiesfan said:
Sjrmn91 said:
muskiesfan said:
jimmyjam1973 said:
still down....sucks!

With how Topps operates, I truly wouldn't be surprised if it weren't back up until February 1.

I'm going to be pissed if that's the case...

There will be a lot of pissed off people, myself included. I was just saying that I really wouldn't be surprised if that's how this goes down.

Oh yeah, me either. I just didn't get much out of the Value boxes I bought and I'm hoping I'll at least get something cool from the Giveaway codes. :?

Members online

Latest posts