Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Great night in Charlottesville (very pic heavy)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
We celebrated my younger son's 10th birthday by taking him and some friends to the 10th annual University of Virginia's baseball team Step Up to the Plate dinner/fundraiser. There were 60+ former players in attendance, along with lots of local people and the whole current team. Here is the night in pictures...

My son and his friends heading into the arena
IMG_0130.jpg

Getting posters signed by the team
IMG_0132.jpg

Signed T Shirts
IMG_0151.jpg

First Team All American pitcher Braden Kline
IMG_0133.jpg

Danny Hultzen
IMG_0139.jpg

Billy Wagner
IMG_0142.jpg

More with Danny Hultzen
IMG_0154.jpg

John Hicks - Seattle 4th round in 2011
***Story of the night...The boys asked John to sign his EEE base card for them. John had not seen the card yet (his autos in EEE were stickers). He was so excited he took the card to show it to his Dad who was standing nearby. Really fun moment.***
IMG_0155.jpg

Steven Proscia - Seattle 7th round in 2011 (he is the one on the left)
IMG_0160.jpg

"Round Table" Conversation
L to R: Tyler Wilson, Mike Ballard, Brandon Guyer, Michael Schwimer, Ryan Zimmerman
IMG_0164.jpg

UVA Coach Brian O'Connor
IMG_0166.jpg

Brandon Guyer - Tampa Bay
***We had a great conversation about what it was like to be on the team when the Red Sox lost to the O's and Longoria hit the home run. Nice guy, fun stories.***
IMG_0168.jpg

Tyler Wilson - Orioles 2011 pick
IMG_0170.jpg

The birthday cake afterwards...
IMG_0174.jpg

Some of my pick ups...
hultzenStatus.jpg
hultzenPE2.jpg
hultzenPE1.jpg
hultzenbuildingblocks.jpg

UVA team ball x3
IMG_0203.jpg

Brandon Guyer
IMG_0201.jpg

Branden Kline
IMG_0200.jpg

Happy Birthday Ryan from Danny Hultzen
IMG_0202.jpg

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Great story and I am sure your boy will remember this for a lifetime!

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Sounds like a great time! The cake looks awesome.

If that Happy Birthday Ryan inscribed ball is ever available, it would look sweet in my collection! :lol:

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I had chills just looking at the pictures, I can't imagine what it was like for you and the boys. Thanks for sharing.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Jenkinssssss said:
wow what an awesome night. wish i wouldve known about this (2000 uva grad), i wouldve totally gone.

The dinner is held in late January each year at the new arena on campus. If you "like" the team on facebook you will get a notice of the dinner and when tickets go on sale. They also publicize it on their website.

I definitely recommend it - the team is first class and the event is really fun. It was my fifth time attending, each one has been fun - but this one was probably the best.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Looks like a great time! Nice autos, the HBD ball is way cool! Great birthday presents for your boy.

Members online

Latest posts