Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============The Morning Thread==========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
I have a favor to ask. Those that pray, please take a moment or two to say a prayer or multiple prayers through out the day about what is going on with my boys.

The boys have a friend named Riley Angel. She is a complete doll of a little girl. She is just a few months older than Luke, meaning that she just turned 9 a couple months ago. 4 years ago, her dad drowned while on a mission trip. It was a very difficult time for her, but she had lots of support at daycare (which the boys attended also), church, the community, etc. Fast forward to late last week. Her mom falls ill, goes into the hospital, and dies on Sunday. No idea what has caused her death or anything. Now, Riley, is starting to show symptoms of what her mom had and is in ICU for continuous monitoring. They have rushed her mom's body to Frankfort, KY, for an autopsy to try and figure out what happened so that they can try to save Riley. So, I have Noah (who just turned 11) and Luke (who is almost 9) asking me why this is all happening. They have seen Riley 4 days a week, at least, virtually all of their lives.

As a parent, how can you stop the hurt? How can you explain it? How do I help them deal with it when I have no flipping clue how to even comprehend it?

Thanks,
David

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Good morning all!
Dave - My family and I will keep Riley and your boys and you in our daily prayers. When my kids were younger (they're 24, 21 & 18 now) we always told them God has a plan for everyone He puts on this earth. Some plans take longer than others but when your "mission" is complete, He calls you back. It won't stop the hurt but it may put some kind of perspective on the situation. :grouphug:

lonesomeagle1

Aug 7, 2008
Northwest NJ
Morning all

star-wars-coffee.jpg

David-- :grouphug:

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
Was able to finally set all my eTopps auctions to free shipping. Anyone want an account with a Josh Gibson card in the merchandise section. Not paying the shipping cost to get it. :benson:

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
Good morning guys.

Josh- Payment sent this morning

Dave- Sorry to hear the unfortunate news. It's always hard to understand why bad things happen to good people and even harder as a parent trying to explain those things to a child. We try to protect our kids and shelter them from hurtful things but sometimes reality doesn't allow us to do that. The best you can do is be strong for them and keep talking with them, they will find comfort in knowing you are there for them. I hope Riley gets better and my family will keep her and your family in our prayers.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Good Morning men

Sent payment this morning for 3 PC cards.. can't wait to have these in hand! got blown out of the water on the Canseco exquisite dual patch last night.. at least I know what to expect when the next one hits so I hope one is pulled in the MT break.

David whatever you do make sure you tell your children the right thing..don't mislead them with false truths just to soften the blow.

Have a great day everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts