Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Topps Series 1 Pujols and Reyes Short Prints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
goldenegg1 said:
I posted on their facebook page about how ridiculous these error and variations have gotten.
There seems to be no middle ground with them.Some people love them and other hate them.I love the Legends Variations but I could care less about the team changes and Pie In The Face variatns.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
They're just cards, these cards makes the set even more interesting - especially from a set collecting perspective...which is appropriate given the set we're talking about here.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
uniquebaseballcards said:
They're just cards, these cards makes the set even more interesting - especially from a set collecting perspective...which is appropriate given the set we're talking about here.

But they're photoshopped and depict the player wearing a MLB jersey he has never worn before. Shouldn't you be howling at the moon?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
braden said:

But they're photoshopped and depict the player wearing a MLB jersey he has never worn before. Shouldn't you be howling at the moon?

Nope, some people are into total fantasy, but not me...the players are shown on a team they're actually on the roster of.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
braden said:

Nope, some people are into total fantasy, but not me...the players are shown on a team they're actually on the roster of.

So just to ensure I have this straight, you're cool with the photoshopping on guys like Rendon, Harper, and Hultzen then, correct?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
braden said:
braden said:

So just to ensure I have this straight, you're cool with the photoshopping on guys like Rendon, Harper, and Hultzen then, correct?

What cards are you talking about? Are they actually shown on the correct team?

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Good point with the photoshopping, at least the USA cards are honest (assuming the player isn't in the MLB the next year).
milb_logo.jpg

Its hilarious how some people are so threatened by someone thinking athletes should be wearing their proper uniform. Another case in point.

IMO the most desirable card shows him on the correct team wearing the correct uniform.

If I absolutely had to get an auto of his from 2011 I'd wait for an off-season a dozen or so years from now, and would prefer brands that didn't have his uniform photoshopped first.

Four is enough, I think.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
At least those ones make sense.
That hasn't always been the case with the SP's and Variants, some that have been very contrived or downright ridiculous. Because of that, I'd def. lean toward those saying "extra value" isn't a bad thing.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
As a hobby store owner, Im on the front line & I can tell u that these "gimmicks" are great and collected/sought aster by my customers.

I bitch a lot about topps baseball stuff (rightfully so) but they kick major major ass w their flagship products.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
BBCgalaxee said:
As a hobby store owner, Im on the front line & I can tell u that these "gimmicks" are great and collected/sought aster by my customers.

I bitch a lot about topps baseball stuff (rightfully so) but they kick major major ass w their flagship products.
That is refreshing coming from you.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
another variation added...
Beckett said:
The Rally Squirrel has a rookie card.
As seen in the pages of the latest issue of Beckett Baseball arriving on Wednesday — the same day as 2012 Topps baseball — the beloved rabble-rousing rodent who became an icon for the St. Louis Cardinals‘ run to a World Series title now can be found in packs of cards.
It’s one of a few surprise short-printed variation cards to be found in the product — so it’s not really a Rookie Card — but it should be one that commands attention from collectors

SquirrelWM.jpg

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
There is also a Sandoval variation where he is beating up a mascot.I will updated the pictures on the blog shortly.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
In a weird way I kinda like the variations more than parallels. At least they have something different about them other than color. It's more like the pre-parallel days with errors. Those were indirectly the "inserts" people sought prior to inserts.

Members online

Latest posts