Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lincecum & Giants Agree to 2-Year Deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Giants, Lincecum Agree To Two-Year Deal
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [January 24 at 1:24pm CST]
The Giants and Tim Lincecum have agreed to a two-year contract extension, avoiding arbitration, Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle tweets. Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reported earlier today that the sides were "very, very close" to a two-year deal worth a little more than $40MM. The two-year deal buys out the right-hander's final two seasons of arbitration eligibility and avoids a potentially historic hearing.

Lincecum, a Beverly Hills Sports Council client, filed for a $21.5MM salary through arbitration and the Giants countered at $17MM, as MLBTR's Arbitration Tracker shows. Both figures set new records for players with less than six years of service time. Derek Jeter ($18.5MM) and the Yankees ($14.25MM) had established the previous marks more than a decade ago, in 2001.

Lincecum, 27, has a 2.98 ERA with 9.9 K/9, 3.3 BB/9 and a 47.1% ground ball rate in 1028 career innings. He already has two Cy Young Awards and four All-Star Game selections to his name. Only four pitchers -- Roy Halladay, C.C. Sabathia, Justin Verlander and Dan Haren -- have produced more wins above replacement since 2007, Lincecum's rookie season.

seitas

Aug 7, 2008
I have a feeling the Giants are going to lock up cain for 3-5 more years either this offseason or during the regular season. Bumgarner is under control for another 4 years. As much as I hate to say it, I can see the Giants moving Timmy next July if he doesn't sign a longterm contract. There would be riots in the Bay Area.

Members online