Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1st baseman for the NL in the all star game? hee sop choy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeremy

Aug 7, 2008
YOU KNOW
i cant really name one 1b from the NL now that we got prince and albert... ryan howerd broke his leg or something in that last playoff game... im going with hee sop choy from the cubs

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Its amazing how depleted the NL is now at 1B..... top 2 would likely be James Loney and Joey Votto.

Not much star power at 1B.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
P_Manning 18 said:
Its amazing how depleted the NL is now at 1B..... top 2 would likely be James Loney and Joey Votto.

Ike Davis, Lance Berkman, Freddie Freeman, Gaby Sanchez, Mike Morse. I would certainly take any of them over James Loney.

Weatherwarrior

Aug 7, 2008
NE Georgia
While there may not be alot of veterans there are some solid young regulars who play the position. Freddie Freeman in Atlanta, Gabby Sanchez in Mia, Brett Wallace (Meh), Votto in Cincy, Davis(When Healthy) in NY, Belt in SF, Goldschmidt in AZ, Rizzo has potential in SD, and Mike Morse who plays first in Wash. While pujols is gone there is a new crop of young 1b on the rise.

Its not as bleak as it seems.

(edited) I See ajbraves beat me to it

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Weatherwarrior said:
While there may not be alot of veterans there are some solid young regulars who play the position. Freddie Freeman in Atlanta, Gabby Sanchez in Mia, Brett Wallace (Meh), Votto in Cincy, Davis(When Healthy) in NY, Belt in SF, Goldschmidt in AZ, Rizzo has potential in Chicago, and Mike Morse who plays first in Wash. While pujols is gone there is a new crop of young 1b on the rise.

Hah.. I fixed it for you too. ;)

~AJ

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
ajbraves25 said:
P_Manning 18 said:

Ike Davis, Lance Berkman, Freddie Freeman, Gaby Sanchez, Mike Morse. I would certainly take any of them over James Loney.

I thought Loney had a better season than that. Thought he was a 20-25 type guy.

So Votto and __________ basically.

Jenkinssssss

Nov 21, 2011
Weatherwarrior said:
While there may not be alot of veterans there are some solid young regulars who play the position. Freddie Freeman in Atlanta, Gabby Sanchez in Mia, Brett Wallace (Meh), Votto in Cincy, Davis(When Healthy) in NY, Belt in SF, Goldschmidt in AZ, Rizzo has potential in SD, and Mike Morse who plays first in Wash. While pujols is gone there is a new crop of young 1b on the rise.

Damn NL only's gonna be tough this year.

Votto >>>>>>> Freeman ~ Gaby > Morse (upside) > then a whole lot of risk. I wonder if Cuddyer will get some 1B starts vs LHP?

Loney is the worst and it is laughable to group him with Votto.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
P_Manning 18 said:
ajbraves25 said:
[quote="P_Manning 18":3owa9wt9]Its amazing how depleted the NL is now at 1B..... top 2 would likely be James Loney and Joey Votto.

I thought Loney had a better season than that. Thought he was a 20-25 type guy.

So Votto and __________ basically.[/quote:3owa9wt9]

I think Ike Davis will surprise some people this season. Ankle seems fine and he has legit 25-30 power. Add in that Citi Field brought in the fence and it could be a great season for him.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
Lance Berkman had a great 2011 and will be the Cardinals 1b.

My guess for top 5 in AS voting:
1. Votto
2. Berkman
3. Davis
4. Freeman
5. Sanchez

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
Since the game is in KC, I thought Hosmer had a decent shot at being an All-Star reserve this year before the big signings but I'd say he has about a 5% chance of making the team now (and that might be optimistic).

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Votto might not be the big name player Prince and Howard are, but I would rather have him as my 1st over those two, especially Ryan Howard

koal

Aug 7, 2008
Huffamaniac said:
Votto might not be the big name player Prince and Howard are, but I would rather have him as my 1st over those two, especially Ryan Howard

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Joey Votto is a beast and probably will be the man. Berkman was huge last year, but it will be interesting to see if he can keep it up given his age. Eventually everyone's production falls off at some point and Lance (a HOFer in my book) is close to the tipping point.

Members online

Latest posts