Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB.com Top 100 Prospect 2012 tonight 1/25/12 10pm EST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
My TV info on the show says Top 50, so we'll see. Is it a 2-parter maybe?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
hive17 said:
My TV info on the show says Top 50, so we'll see. Is it a 2-parter maybe?

It's #s 1-50. After the show concludes, MLB.com will reveal #s 51-100.

glewis22

Jan 8, 2010
Castellanos at 51 - its about bloody time this kid got recognized. I was sure he wouldnt be top 50 this year, but nice to see him come as close as you possibly can. Also think Arenado was way too low and a couple people were too high (Mesoraco). Also, why the F is Matt Moore #1 when he made it to MLB last year, hes not a prospect anymore. Will BA do this horseshit along with Yu Darvish making the list when Profar should be #1?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
glewis22 said:
Also, why the F is Matt Moore #1 when he made it to MLB last year, hes not a prospect anymore. Will BA do this *censor* along with Yu Darvish making the list when Profar should be #1?

He is by definition a prospect if he plays professionally and is rookie eligible, which he is. As is Darvish. Sorry, bud.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
glewis22 said:
Castellanos at 51 - its about bloody time this kid got recognized. I was sure he wouldnt be top 50 this year, but nice to see him come as close as you possibly can. Also think Arenado was way too low and a couple people were too high (Mesoraco). Also, why the F is Matt Moore #1 when he made it to MLB last year, hes not a prospect anymore. Will BA do this *censor* along with Yu Darvish making the list when Profar should be #1?
Hey man, I'm as big of a Profar fan as you are-but you have to quit letting your investments be the sole factor when it comes to your opinions about these lists. Sit back, be patient, and Profar will get his due eventually.

As far as Matt Moore, he hardly pitched at all in the big leagues last year. He has been included on every single prospect list for 2012 I have seen. It's just the way it is.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
shayscards79 said:
I agree 100 percent with their reasoning for not including overseas players like Darvish.

Me too. I didn't even notice that Darvish wasn't included. I think that is the right call.

I am also very surprised to see them put Matt Moore #1. I am happy, but very surprised. Overall, this looks like a very solid list in my opinion.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Darvish wasn't included because he is over 23 and played in a professional league outside of the US.

Profar is a good player top 10 according to the list but no where near a #1 IMO
He is about 1 1/2 years from making the big league roster, with Kinsler and Andrus blocking him.

Moore has dominated on every level and he dominated the Rangers in Game 1 of the ALDS.
Kid has huge stones to pitch that well in such a huge game.

Harper and Trout are the big question marks to me?
Will they be sent to the minors for more seasoning or will they make the MLB Roster after Spring Training?

Members online

Latest posts