Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bowman Chrome Top 100 Rookie & Prospect Sales Rank *$$-Added

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

topprospectalert

Aug 7, 2008
EDIT: By suggestion I have added the closing prices to the list. Thanks for the feedback.

It's always interesting to track the fluctuation of Bowman Chrome autographs as the year goes on. Sadly I don't have time to do it in spreadsheet formula, but with all the Top 100 lists coming out, I figured this would be the next best way. Each month, towards the end of the month, I will go through and record the highest priced completed sale of the previous month for each of the Top 100 highest selling Bowman Chrome rookie autographs. I will track the ups and downs of the players, as they compete against themselves so to speak (Like the Top 25 college basketball poll). Each month I will publish the Top 100 list and include the movement of places up or down the specific prospect has in the sales ranking. I will have archived versions available, so that folks may track the movement of a prospect over multiple months. Obviously once 2012 bowman chrome issues come out, those players will be able to join the rankings based on their sales.

Here are the ground rules for the list:

Only players with Bowman Chrome Autographs from 2008 to Present Are Eligible.
The list is in order of Highest Selling single Bowman Chrome Base Autograph of each player from within the past month.
Each sale was completed via the Ebay auction format with multiple bids. (No Buy It Now or One Bid Items Included)
If a player does not have a Bowman Chrome Autograph rookie card, they will not appear on the list (No USA/Aflac/etc)

You can check out the January list via the link below

Bowman Chrome Top 100 Rookie & Prospect Hobby Sales Rankings January 2012

I hope everyone enjoys this project!!

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
Re: Bowman Chrome Top 100 Rookie & Prospect Hobby Sales Rankings

Very interesting. Nice work.

BTW, the Henderson Alvarez autographs are not Bowman Chrome.

topprospectalert

Aug 7, 2008

Whoops didn't notice it was regular Bowman. Thanks for the heads up on that. Adjusting now. I appreciate it.

jdsingar

Feb 10, 2011

Really interesting stuff! The results may be skewed since it's only pulling the single highest priced card which could be an aberration, but it would take forever to average all the sales out. Thanks for your work. It is interesting to see some of the guys who perform higher than their prospect ranking and vice versa. Matt LaPorta?

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC

Interesting stuff. I like how it's only base. Adding in parallels only messes stuff up in my opinion when tracking sales. Since certain parallels don't show frequently enough.

Another interesting list would be lowest completed sales (with multiple bidders).

hive17

Aug 7, 2008

It's a good list. I know it would clutter your criteria, but if you go back to 2007, you can get some higher ranking guys like d'Arnaud and Mesoraco. But I suppose you've gotta draw the line somewhere.

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.

Very nice stuff, well done.

Kind of a surprise to see Ike Davis that high :shock:

topprospectalert

Aug 7, 2008

Getting Montero in now. Didn't realize I somehow skipped over him. Thanks for the heads up.

topprospectalert

Aug 7, 2008

hive17 said:
It's a good list. I know it would clutter your criteria, but if you go back to 2007, you can get some higher ranking guys like d'Arnaud and Mesoraco. But I suppose you've gotta draw the line somewhere.

I cheated a bit and put both d'Arnaud and Mesoraco in the list since I would expect significant movement from those two and wanted to track it. About the only ones left worth a darn out of that weak 2007 draft class. If Revere, Frazier or Kozma do crack the top 100 in the future i'd add them too.

Wes

OG
Administrator

topprospectalert said:
hive17 said:

I cheated a bit and put both d'Arnaud and Mesoraco in the list since I would expect significant movement from those two and wanted to track it. About the only ones left worth a darn out of that weak 2007 draft class. If Revere, Frazier or Kozma do crack the top 100 in the future i'd add them too.

Well in that case Lincecum should be on the list.

topprospectalert

Aug 7, 2008

He was in chrome, not draft from that year.

topprospectalert

Aug 7, 2008

Will do that on the next one. Took about 2 hours to go through and create the list. Got to thinking about doing that about 85 in. :)

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area

I don't get it, all the links do is take me to ebay current auctions.

I realize you are getting "click paid" for it, but what is the benefit to the reader?

topprospectalert

Aug 7, 2008

I'm tracking the movement of the prospects from month to month. This is the baseline ranking and the start of the project. The benefit will come next month and in subsequent months when you see how high/low the folks from this month's list rise and fall. For example I would expect some of the guys in the 80's like Mike Olt and Bryce Brentz to make significant moves up. I'm going back through now and adding the closing price amounts from this list as Wes suggested above to make it more worthwhile for the readers. I link to the current prices so folks can shop for a prospect if they see him low. I would be all over guys like Olt, Brentz, and other high upside guys at the bottom of the list if I knew they were as cheap as they were in comparison to others. That is the value of the links to the readers. It can be used as they see fit, or not clicked on at all if they don't see fit.

Members online

Latest posts