Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which 1-2 top prospect pitchers will be the BEST!

Best 1-2 pitching prospects!

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
thought id get some opinions about what the best 1-2 prospect pitching tandems are out there!

ive excluded banualos and bundy because i dont see #2 prospect pitching in their organization (which i could be wrong)

dave

Jared

Oct 22, 2009
Banuelos and Bentances could make a case to be on this list.

With that said, I'd vote for Cole/Taillon although it's hard to vote against any of these tandems on this list.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Personally, based on upside, I'd give the slight edge to Bauer/Bradley over Cole/Taillon, but both are absolutely amazing!

I think Parker/Gray has to be one of the more underrated sets of pitching prospects, though.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
Mariners - Walker and Hultzen

Danny Hultzen is going to be a can't miss, solid MLB pitcher. Walker has the crazy, All-Star Cy Young upside to cover the difference.

And of course, neither of them could perform.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Like some have said, it is hard to vote against any of these combinations. If I absolutely had to I would go with Walker and Hultzen. I like Bauer, but his motion scares me. Cole is advertised to be good, but for some starnge reason he reminds me a lot of Bryan Bullington :/

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
This is actually one of the tougher polls i have ever seen on here.

I will admit, I would vote for:

TYLER SKAGGS - Trevor Bauer

Or you could include all three. That Dbacks trio is insane.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
This is actually one of the tougher polls i have ever seen on here.

Agreed. I went with the Mariners, just because I would trust most any move that Jack Z. makes when it comes to talent.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Betances is a legit #2 to Banuelos' #1

No matter who is included though, i would take Hutlzen and Walker.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Mudcatsfan said:
Betances is a legit #2 to Banuelos' #1

No matter who is included though, i would take Hutlzen and Walker.

I just can't do it. I am not sold on Hultzen. I like Walker as well, I bought in early, like when chrome draft and sterling released. BUT, I don't see this pair in the same group as some of the others up there.

Walker is this off-seasons Prospect Pet of FCB. It happens every year. I think he is a good prospect, I do not think he is a top 15 prospect.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
thanks for the votes fellas

as some stated about banualos and betances, do you feel he's a legit #2 or #3? i pegged betances at #5 at best..

i voted cole and taillon fyi

skrip, i agree that the big three of bauer, archie and skaggs is scary but i was genuinely surprised that some here would put skaggs ahead of bradley. not for arguement sake or anything like that bit i thougth bradley was the clear #2 behind bauer but ahead of skaggs.

dave

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
daveyou said:
thanks for the votes fellas

as some stated about banualos and betances, do you feel he's a legit #2 or #3? i pegged betances at #5 at best..

i voted cole and taillon fyi

skrip, i agree that the big three of bauer, archie and skaggs is scary but i was genuinely surprised that some here would put skaggs ahead of bradley. not for arguement sake or anything like that bit i thougth bradley was the clear #2 behind bauer but ahead of skaggs.

dave

Skaggs has been dominant for more than 2 seasons, over 4 leagues, within 2 teams. AND was the TOP PITCHING PROSPECT in two leagues last year. I think too many people are looking for the next best thing, when THE BEST THING might be right in front of you. I will take a lefty who stikes out more than 9ks/9 inn, who is durable, and has #1-#2 ability over a high school kid who has not yet thrown a professional pitch.

Track record + ceiling + projection = stud for me and an easy choice.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
Shelby Miller has been given a cold shoulder because he got drunk and whooped a dude but Miller/Martinez got my vote.

Members online

Latest posts