Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Strasburg 5K

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
Man, I am incredibly out of shape. 5K, 45 minutes. Still, it was cool to see Strasburg and Gwynn there. The organizers wouldn't allow any memorabilia into the event, otherwise I would have had RCs signed. But Gwynn and Strasburg were signing 5K stuff, so I got my shirt signed and my racing bib signed. The race packet also came with a couple cards signed by Strasburg and Gwynn. Not sure what I want to do with those, they are not RCs and signed RCs is pretty much all I collect. The racing bib will end up in my classroom or donated to my school. I'm totally wearing the shirt to Spring Training. You know those people who actually wear signed shirts/hats/jerseys? I'm about to join that club.

ScreenShot2012-01-28at114043AM.png

Anthony

EDIT: The cards:

Photoon1-28-12at1221PM-1.jpg

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Anthony, congrats on completing the 5k ;)

Sounds like an awesome event! What type of signed cards were included? I wonder if they will begin to pop up on the secondary market... they might be a nice alternative to certified Strasburg autographs for collectors like myself. That bib is certainly a very unique item, I'd try to get it framed to preserve the paper and signatures.

Overall, sounds like you had a blast, and wear that shirt proud.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
Here are the cards that came with the racing packet:

Photoon1-28-12at1221PM-1.jpg

Sorry for the poor pic. The scanner is ALL the way out in the garage and I did just finish "running" 5k.

Anthony

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
That Strasburg card is sweet, if you ever decide to sell it I would love to have a shot at it. Sounds like it was a fun event

ggnike13

Nov 4, 2010
Orlando, Florida
I have always had fun running 5ks. When they had ESPN The Weekend at Disney they always had a 5k with it. I got Jim Palmer to sign my race bib at the one in 2009 and finished with my best time ever (21 minutes).

Members online

Latest posts