Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

SportsBuy.com --- wtf?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Found a card I need for a set ($2 card) and went to buy it but every time I tried to confirm the purchase (after funding my account for $5.25, enough to cover shipping as well), I kept getting a message saying "sportsbuy is currently experiencing a glitch, refresh this page or try again later"

So I tried about 5 times last night with no luck. I got on this morning to try again and suddenly the card is gone. What gives?

I'm disappointed about not getting the card I need, but it's not a problem if the card is no longer available or something. What pisses me off is that I had to transfer money from paypal to sportsbuy BEFORE I found out that my order wouldn't go through...so now I have $5.25 on sportsbuy that I want back in my paypal account (is there any way to do this?) since they apparently couldn't complete my order.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
Did you check to make sure the card isn't sitting in your "current purchases" list?

I haven't used that site in quite some time, but your situation seems familiar. I think that's what happened for me a while back. I checked and the card was still there just waiting to be paid for.

It's possible I'm thinking of Sportlots, though.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
carlitoson said:
Did you check to make sure the card isn't sitting in your "current purchases" list?

I haven't used that site in quite some time, but your situation seems familiar. I think that's what happened for me a while back. I checked and the card was still there just waiting to be paid for.

Yeah good idea, but I've checked all possible spots (shopping cart, auctions won, etc.) and it doesn't appear it is anywhere. It's not a huge problem or anything, but I'm just annoyed that I now have $5.25 sitting on their site that I don't think I can get back unless I buy something there (which I now do not need anymore since my card has disappeared)

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
All The Hype said:
carlitoson said:

Yeah good idea, but I've checked all possible spots (shopping cart, auctions won, etc.) and it doesn't appear it is anywhere. It's not a huge problem or anything, but I'm just annoyed that I now have $5.25 sitting on their site that I don't think I can get back unless I buy something there (which I now do not need anymore since my card has disappeared)

So if this is not a hugh problem, why make a thread about it :lol: :twisted:
ThanksTopps.jpg

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Pine Tar said:
[quote="All The Hype":39dcf0ap]
carlitoson said:

So if this is not a hugh problem, why make a thread about it :lol: :twisted:
http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af341/GradedRookieCards/Stuff/ThanksTopps.jpg[/img[/quote:39dcf0ap]

Because I want my $5.25 back.

agentjak

Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
Since i havent had the same trouble you mentioned, maybe when things go sidways it acts like the Beckett marketplace where it takes 24 hours to get the card(s) put back in the system..So just by chance, has 24 hours gone by yet?? not saying thats the problem, but that could very well be the issue..It drives me nuts when that happens over @Beckett, knowing full well the card(s) are still there, but to make you wait because of some sort of glitch in their system is extremely annoying..So if it was me, try again later as it gets close to that 24 hour time issue..You never know!!

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Joshua.Roundtree said:
"Where's my TWO DOLLARS??!!!"

It's actually $5.25, but regardless, I sent my money to their site expecting to be able to pay for the card immediately. I did not send the money so it would sit there idly in my account that I rarely use.

Again, the amount is not really the issue, it's more the principle that I sent money to buy something and their site couldn't complete the order, so why should they get to hold onto my money when they were the ones who didn't uphold their end of the bargain?

And my real question isn't about the money, it's more about where the heck the card disappeared to, since I would still like to purchase it if possible. I think I'll try again tomorrow to see if it gets reentered into the system, as suggested by the above member.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
All The Hype said:
[quote="Joshua.Roundtree":1qp5do1y]"Where's my TWO DOLLARS??!!!"

It's actually $5.25, but regardless, I sent my money to their site expecting to be able to pay for the card immediately. I did not send the money so it would sit there idly in my account that I rarely use.

Again, the amount is not really the issue, it's more the principle that I sent money to buy something and their site couldn't complete the order, so why should they get to hold onto my money when they were the ones who didn't uphold their end of the bargain?

And my real question isn't about the money, it's more about where the heck the card disappeared to, since I would still like to purchase it if possible. I think I'll try again tomorrow to see if it gets reentered into the system, as suggested by the above member.[/quote:1qp5do1y]

It's a quote from a Jon Cusack '80s movie. Not by Cusack's character, but by the serial stalking, bicycle riding, newspaper delivery boy. For the life of me, the title of the movie escapes me. It wasn't an attack, no hard feelings.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Joshua.Roundtree said:
[quote="All The Hype":1tfj8ij9][quote="Joshua.Roundtree":1tfj8ij9]"Where's my TWO DOLLARS??!!!"

And my real question isn't about the money, it's more about where the heck the card disappeared to, since I would still like to purchase it if possible. I think I'll try again tomorrow to see if it gets reentered into the system, as suggested by the above member.[/quote:1tfj8ij9]

It's a quote from a Jon Cusack '80s movie. Not by Cusack's character, but by the serial stalking, bicycle riding, newspaper delivery boy. For the life of me, the title of the movie escapes me. It wasn't an attack, no hard feelings.[/quote:1tfj8ij9]

Gotcha, I missed the reference, but I didn't take it as an attack so no hard feelings at all anyway. I'm kind of a principle person...I think people should be held accountable when they mess up. Of course five bucks doesn't break my bank, but why should my money go into their account (even temporarily) when they couldn't deliver what I was paying for?

I actually had a similar situation happen on Beckett last week...I bought something that was out of stock, so the seller refunded my money but for whatever reason, the shipping and tax didn't get refunded with the price of the item so I had to send about 10 emails just to get like $8 back. I'm getting tired of off-ebay sites not working.

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Joshua.Roundtree said:
[quote="All The Hype":11k9q3ob][quote="Joshua.Roundtree":11k9q3ob]"Where's my TWO DOLLARS??!!!"

And my real question isn't about the money, it's more about where the heck the card disappeared to, since I would still like to purchase it if possible. I think I'll try again tomorrow to see if it gets reentered into the system, as suggested by the above member.[/quote:11k9q3ob]

It's a quote from a Jon Cusack '80s movie. Not by Cusack's character, but by the serial stalking, bicycle riding, newspaper delivery boy. For the life of me, the title of the movie escapes me. It wasn't an attack, no hard feelings.[/quote:11k9q3ob]

The movie is "Better Off Dead", a true classic

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
lambert58 said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:
[quote="All The Hype":2oybwknh][quote="Joshua.Roundtree":2oybwknh]"Where's my TWO DOLLARS??!!!"

And my real question isn't about the money, it's more about where the heck the card disappeared to, since I would still like to purchase it if possible. I think I'll try again tomorrow to see if it gets reentered into the system, as suggested by the above member.

It's a quote from a Jon Cusack '80s movie. Not by Cusack's character, but by the serial stalking, bicycle riding, newspaper delivery boy. For the life of me, the title of the movie escapes me. It wasn't an attack, no hard feelings.[/quote:2oybwknh]

The movie is "Better Off Dead", a true classic[/quote:2oybwknh]

Yes. "Better Off Dead" I'm almost positive that South Park did a parody of the movie as well on one of their episodes. Where Stan has the ski-off at the end just like the movie.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Never heard of Sportsbuy yet. I'm gonna check em out! Add it to the list of sites I didnt know existed til I joined FCB! I hope I dont run into any problems like yours... Good luck!

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
This thread led me to check out the site, and i found a card I needed for one of my sets at a great price so I loaded the $13.25 into my account and I got the exact same error message that you did, and now I am stuck in the same limbo. Monkey see, monkey do. Hope they fix the issue

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
They just posted this on there facebook...

SportsBuy.com & ThePit.com Sports Collectibles Marketplace
FYI...All the issues have been resolved.
Thank you again for your patience!

agentjak

Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
ASTROBURN said:
Never heard of Sportsbuy yet. I'm gonna check em out! Add it to the list of sites I didnt know existed til I joined FCB! I hope I dont run into any problems like yours... Good luck!

...................Sportsbuy was Naxcom awhile back..If that helps anyone's memory.

Members online

Latest posts